St Louis meet??

Yeah I'm down, let's keep bumping this thread for a bit to see if we can't get a big MO meet and invite some of those IL freaks :D

(redp5)
(wrc)

hey....us illinois freaks??? well i know i am a freak hehe but id be up for a meet i love the STL!

I've been tossing around an idea:

how would people feel about a StL meet that might involve a smallish car show and a good local bar. I've got some friends that have been deemed "the 3 wise men" of the bar and could prolly convince the owner to let us use the parking lot for the show, let us have a band (prolly somebody from the boards) and give us drink specials.
I was thinking it'd be good to extend a special invite to the NoIL people. so this thing would be on a sat nite so people can come down on sat and leave sunday.
if people are drinking I think it'd be best to have some lodging arrangements (along with DDs), so I was thinking of maybe inviting the FocalJet people (they have a strong presense in StL) and trying to get them to let people stay at their houses.
all in all, I think we could arrange a pretty awesome g2g in StL and get a ton of people to participate.

its Jacksons' in Doggtown, right at the corner of Kraft and Manchester. I've got a couple of places that I could ask if they don't want to, but they are centrally located and they have two huge parking lots within 50 yards of the front door...

I say we should plan for a spring time meet, say some time in late march early april. When the weather starts to a little bit warmer consitantly.

sounds good to me, I'm gonna call my friends to get them to start putting the idea in the owner's mind. that way when I go to StL weekend after this one, he will be ready to tell me all about how much he's gonna hook us up :D

i'm finally excited to have a car other people actually care about, hehe, my old car was a 95 Monte Carlo Z34, which I still need to sell... =)

This could be a good time. It'd be nice to see some Protege love in the area. Seems to be lacking.

Side note to StlMSP: Doesn't Bommarito service dept. suck? I have avoided taking my car up there except for a whistling noise that they determined to be normal (yeah right!). My bro has taken his 6 up there a few times and each time he has to get a rental car for a couple days because it takes them that long to change the f-ing oil. 2 days for an oil change? What a joke?

which bommarito are you going to. I have been taking my msp to the bommarito off of I-70 by mid rivers mall. I have been pretty satisfied with the service out there.

I'm dealing with the south county bommarito off Lindbergh. Yours is most likely better.
I'm just glad I didn't get a 6 like I had planned (too much for my budget) cause it seems like my bro has had a bunch of problems (minor but nonetheless) with his (Check engine light has come on a few times due to some faulty part & now his spoiler brake light is taking on water, I thought only APC did that, not OEM LOL!). I guess it's not the wisest move to buy the first model year of a new model?

I would like to come also. I'm a member of Focaljet. My 2001 ZX3 was totalled last month and I plan on buying a Mazda3 5-door in a month or 2. Sounds like fun..

Back