Scotty Kilmer Thread

I didn't watch the video, but that's funny considering how much he was deceptively shitting all over SkyActiv Mazda in another video by claiming someone bought a used CX-5 with a turbo for $2k that broke down all the time.

Which is funny considering at the time of the video a turbo CX-5 was not a thing, and any person who know anything about Mazda, would probably surmise his story was about a CX-7, which was before the SkyActiv platform. But he had no problem trying to pass it off as "one of these cars" in a way that implied he was talking about a CX-5, and using this pre-SkyActiv Mazda to s*** all over SkyActiv and call it crap.

This guy is something else.

Id hazard a guess by saying this guy talks out of his ass at least 80% of the time.

One of my favorite comments on that video: Toyota must have forgot to send the check.

I like his work ethic. Dude pumps out new videos like crazy. Comes to show that you cannot describe an auto manufacturer from what happened a decade ago.

I*d hazard a guess by saying this guy talks out of his ass at least 80% of the time.

One of my favorite comments on that video: Toyota must have forgot to send the check.

I like the comments about Mazda sales about to explode LOL.

I think hes worse than that dude from Australia....

Just click bait titles and trying to make money on the views....

I started watching his videos, most of them are entertaining. Yes all of the "DONT DO THIS" thumbnails are click bait.

As for that video, I don't think he is changing his mind about Mazda, but likes that particular model. idk. In another video he says don't clean your valves but in a video a while ago he says clean your valves with a chemical.

There's a lot of garbage content on Youtube. Eventually you learn which ones produce useful, objective, quality content without misleading you. It's the same for every type of content too, from car reviews to powerlifting.

In case my point wasn't clear, Scotty Kilmer's channel = garbage content, IMO.

Yup, its completely garbage. I guess entertaining if thats your thing. I find straight pipes and Doug Demuro entertaining. But they dont come across as complete tools.

He probably mistaken it to the CX-7 one...

I didn't watch the video, but that's funny considering how much he was deceptively shitting all over SkyActiv Mazda in another video by claiming someone bought a used CX-5 with a turbo for $2k that broke down all the time.

Which is funny considering at the time of the video a turbo CX-5 was not a thing, and any person who know anything about Mazda, would probably surmise his story was about a CX-7, which was before the SkyActiv platform. But he had no problem trying to pass it off as "one of these cars" in a way that implied he was talking about a CX-5, and using this pre-SkyActiv Mazda to s*** all over SkyActiv and call it crap.

And the newer Miata uses the same skyactiv engine.. He is not a fan of Mazda (except for the Miata with manual transmission), period. In some other video he made mention that Mazda makes weak engine. I know Mazda had some trouble with the RX-8 rotary engine, but I still believe they make good cars and continuously make improvements/advancement. They may not monopolize the Japanese market like Toyota/Honda do, but they great cars on my opinion.

I bought my 2013 that offers standard features on mid trim while others don't offer them (or unless you get the high end trim). So in general, Mazda is making innovation to make alternative choices.

Just saying...

He probably mistaken it to the CX-7 one...
That's what I said.

But he definitely implied it was a CX-5 or at the very least, the SkyActiv platform which is totally false.

Edit: Found the video. Even people in the comments calling him out.

Last edited:
Sounds like he just wants cars to stay the way they were 51 years ago when he actually knew how to work on them.

Back