2017~2024 So. Cal. High Winds Damage

:
2018 Mazda CX-5 Touring
Driving home from work last night. Winds gusting up to 50mph. Hear a loud bang on passenger side and see a huge palm frond flying in my rear view.

Hit the A Pillar at about 40mph. Got a quote of $200 to fix. Ugh.
e2a81b8520290c755daccafe9a0b0cb4.jpg
a79ade1d4e9b1375fa51888ca69aba30.jpg

That sucks. Have some high wind here, as well, and it's knocked some large branches out of a tree that I now have to chain-saw up and carry to the burn pile. That's much worse though ^^^

Sorry to hear that, what happened to your car, but that quote it seems a bit low, no?

That damage looks identical to the dent I got from the parking garage gate erratically closing on my vehicle. Same dent, same spot. I got quotes ranging from $300-$1,000 to get it fixed. Luckily, after a 4 month long battle, I had the apartment complex pay for it.

I should be taking care of my spoiler, since the clear is peeling off. I'm afraid, that it will cost me way more then $200.

Sorry to hear about the damage. Not too bad of a price. Maybe try painless dent removal? These guys are amazing. Maybe they can help for a bit cheaper?

*Wind Rant*
Im soooooo f'ing tired of this constant wind. This is THE worst year for wind I have ever seen in my entire life of living in LA. My North and South fences both blew down completely. Yard and pool look like a disaster area. Im moving to Chicago where its less windy haha

I had a dent in the front quarter panel that was similar but much less severe. You could only see it when you looked at a certain angle and it cost me $800 to fix.
Somebodies mirror creased my car in the parking lot.

Mazda sheet metal is extremely thin.

Sorry to hear about the damage. Not too bad of a price. Maybe try painless dent removal? These guys are amazing. Maybe they can help for a bit cheaper?

*Wind Rant*
Im soooooo f'ing tired of this constant wind. This is THE worst year for wind I have ever seen in my entire life of living in LA. My North and South fences both blew down completely. Yard and pool look like a disaster area. Im moving to Chicago where its less windy haha

Chicago? LOL

That damage looks identical to the dent I got from the parking garage gate erratically closing on my vehicle. Same dent, same spot. I got quotes ranging from $300-$1,000 to get it fixed. Luckily, after a 4 month long battle, I had the apartment complex pay for it.

Greatway to go. Unfortunately, Mother Nature wont pay up.

Back