2016 CX5 GT Alarm Question

:
K2500 Diesel Suburban; 2016 CX5 GT
I don't think I ever experienced the alarm on this car since I've owned it. For some reason today it caught my attention so wanted to see how it works. I closed all the windows and roof vent. Exited the car and hit the lock button. Went into the house for a few minutes. I returned with just the key out of the key fob and attempted to open the door manually. The door opened with no alarm? I left the remote in the house just to eliminate the system somehow recognizing it and tried again. Same thing.. nothing. Anything I'm missing? Any ideas? Thanks!

I don't think I ever experienced the alarm on this car since I've owned it. For some reason today it caught my attention so wanted to see how it works. I closed all the windows and roof vent. Exited the car and hit the lock button. Went into the house for a few minutes. I returned with just the key out of the key fob and attempted to open the door manually. The door opened with no alarm? I left the remote in the house just to eliminate the system somehow recognizing it and tried again. Same thing.. nothing. Anything I'm missing? Any ideas? Thanks!

You are missing an alarm. Unless you installed one, the car does not have one.

The manual says "Theft Deterrent system" some models. It then describes the light in the console that flashes when you lock the car. I have the light that flashes in the console when you lock the door so I thought I have the system installed. What models do they come with? I have the top of the line GT model so if any model would come with it I would think this one would. ?? I understand the car won't start without the FOB.. Basically no place to put a key other than the drivers door.... :)

That flashing light is supposed to deter theft by fooling thieves into thinking you have an alarm system [or something]. (confused) My wife's car does it, too. A true alarm didn't come standard on any trim level of the 17s.

The manual says "Theft Deterrent system" some models. It then describes the light in the console that flashes when you lock the car. I have the light that flashes in the console when you lock the door so I thought I have the system installed. What models do they come with? I have the top of the line GT model so if any model would come with it I would think this one would. ?? I understand the car won't start without the FOB.. Basically no place to put a key other than the drivers door.... :)

Try rolling down the window, locking and arming the car, and then try opening the car door from the inside interior handle.

But as far as I know, the theft deterrent system is that you can not steal car without the fob.

Thanks for all the replies. I first tested the alarm by leaving the drivers side window rolled down and then arming the car. After reading the instructions in the owners manual the windows, all the doors and the moonroof have to be closed first before arming. It gave a list of things that could set it off like using the key or opening the hood or door locks. I even had the wife lock me in the car with the remote. Tried all the listed ways to set off the alarm but nothing worked. Seems strange..

Try rolling down the window, locking and arming the car, and then try opening the car door from the inside interior handle.

But as far as I know, the theft deterrent system is that you can not steal car without the fob.

"Theft deterrent system" can mean "Engine immobilizer", which means that the car cannot be started without the fob, with a proximity key, or the physical key (which has a chip in it) if you have a car that requires a physical key.

Back