2017~2024 17 or 18. Or even 19

:
Saab 9-3
Hi, need your advice please.
On the market for Cx5 GT.
Found very good condition 17+PP. 7k miles. $26,5k.
There are 18s for around the same price, +-

Now, my dilemma.
1). 17 only have 1 year of warranty left. 18 would have more.
2). Not super happy of Cylinder deactivation on 18 though. I read another thread we dont have to start another discussion.
3). For another 4K I could get new 19 gt. It wont have anything different than 17/18 but at least its new and more warranty.
4) wait another year (Ive been waiting for 1,5 years already to get cx5) and get GTR. This way its perfect and I wont want anything else for a while.

May not be the most interesting topic for all but appreciate your thoughts. Just want to make right decision.
Thanks!

I'm of the opinion that you should wait for a year and get the Grand Touring Reserve, it sounded like that is the one that you really want.

Wait 2 more years and get the diesel ;)

How is your current car situation? I really wanted the diesel, waited a couple of years for it, then in early 18 convinced myself that more likely than not, it was never coming. There were some great deals on closeout 17s, couldn't find one of those, but in my searching, got a then great price on an 18 GT PP AWD.

I've been very happy with it. I go back and forth on whether I'd prefer a turbo. Still wish there was the diesel.

I'm of the opinion that you should wait for a year and get the Grand Touring Reserve, it sounded like that is the one that you really want.

Yes. Somewhere I also think so.
But when you want something you want it now! ;)
Thanks

Currently drive 11 yo saab 2.0 T. Really enjoy it but its old. The car did not need any money at all in last 5 years. Wish they were still making them.
Work commute is only 5 miles.
I could still drive my car with no problems but just want something better.
I was raised without money so even though I can get brand new gtr w no financing I dont think its good financial decision. So Im waiting. Waiting ..

Honestly, I'd steer you away from a DI vehicle for 5mi commutes. Why a cx5? I love my cx5, but if I had a 5mi commute, unless i roadtripped a lot, Id consider annolder rx350 or something.

I don't like the transmission shifts in my '18. My '15 was much smoother. Maybe due to CD, which we owners are testing for Mazda. I do not recommend
the '18.

Back