Quality of repair service

Ainger

:
Mada, CX-5, Touring
Quality of repair service.
I'm considering buying a new 2019 CX-5 Touring. What kind of reputation do Mazda service departments, in general, have? And what has your personal experience been?

Quality of repair service.
I'm considering buying a new 2019 CX-5 Touring. What kind of reputation do Mazda service departments, in general, have? And what has your personal experience been?

This is almost like a teen saying "I'm planning to begin dating, is the opposite sex trustworthy?"

You gonna get some stories...

Not to.mention the service can vary from dealer to dealer...like any other brand.
I hope you're not basing your purchase decision on this alone.
My dealers been great...buy I've only had the car 2 years and all it's needed is oil changes.

My dealer service experience was always excellent for the twelve years I had my Tribute; a big reason I went with a new cx 5. A lot depends on whether there are one or two service people that you can really trust; I've been lucky.

Can vary a lot. The Mazda dealer I bought my vehicle from is about 5 miles from my house. I took it there for the first couple oil changes. I called to schedule the first change and the service rep said I didn't need an appt. I arrived about 9:30am and there was a 2 hour wait. Waiting area shared space with the body shop and it was a mad house.
Not knowing any better went back for 2nd appt. Long wait. Finally called to the service area that the car was ready. Guy started going through the paperwork and said - you need new front brakes. I said the car only has 8,000 miles on it and I need new brakes. He looked through some more and said - Oh, I have the wrong paperwork. After paying went out front to retrieve the car. It wasn't there. They had lost the car. Finally found the car parked in a back lot used by the body shop.
So in this situation the dealer had the best price but their service dept. wasn't so hot. They're a big conglomerate dealer with lots of brands.

Luckily there's another Mazda dealer about 10 miles away so I started using them. Had prior experience with them having bought a 626 and a RX-7 from them.
They're quick, efficient, don't try to sell you extra service and have a nice waiting room. Free drinks and snacks too.

So if you're going to rely on the dealer for most of the maintenance do some research on the dealers service dept.

Like the previous stated, you can't based on a dealership service to determine if you going to buy the car.

How often do you plan to go to the dealership and have your latte there?

My dealerships coffee sucks. And their PlayStation is broken.
s*** hole.
[emoji1787]

The Mazda dealer service centers around me are pretty good. The sales department that my dad bought his CX-5 from could have been better, but dealing with them is a one time thing vs dealing with the service department can go on for as long as you own the car.

Pretty meh experience and I am in a huge market but then 8 out of 10 dealerships in Dallas are awful - this includes all brands.
Dealers have no Mazda moly and are not keen on simple TSBs. Besides oil change I have one pending TSB which I don't think my dealer will do.
Stay at Touring trim. GT and up the build quality with dealer mentality is a no go for me.

s*** hole.
[emoji1787]

Whoa....WHOA! At least they have a PlayStation. (rofl)

I pretty much don't trust any of the remaining Mazda dealers local to me anymore after the one I bought mine from got bought out.

I've taken up doing my own oil changes, discount tire for free rotations, and a trusted mechanic for things I don't want to do myself.

Fwiw, my Mazda dealer is awesome. Snacks and coffee, clean showroom, no strongarm sales tactics in cars or service dept, etc.

The challenge with dealers in my area is there are only two and it takes a month just to get an oil change appointment. I speculate its because the oil changes are free!

If you're lucky to have a Mazda Master mechanic look at your car, service should be good. If you get one of their "certified" mechanics maybe not so good.

Quality of service has little, if anything, to to with the Brand of vehicle. Finding a well managed service department is like playing the lottery. My view is the odds are stacked against you, overall. I might be biased as my last vehicle was a Jeep Wrangler and the dealership's service department always had way ore work than they could fit in. Just an oil change appointment was a 2 week wait. Repair work, longer.

Quality of service has little, if anything, to to with the Brand of vehicle. Finding a well managed service department is like playing the lottery. My view is the odds are stacked against you, overall. I might be biased as my last vehicle was a Jeep Wrangler and the dealership's service department always had way ore work than they could fit in. Just an oil change appointment was a 2 week wait. Repair work, longer.

Same experience, here. Probably because that trash breaks so often they're backlogged.

Pretty meh experience and I am in a huge market but then 8 out of 10 dealerships in Dallas are awful - this includes all brands.
Dealers have no Mazda moly and are not keen on simple TSBs. Besides oil change I have one pending TSB which I don't think my dealer will do.
Stay at Touring trim. GT and up the build quality with dealer mentality is a no go for me.
DFW area does have many Mazda dealers. The dealer I use, Town North Mazda, although is private owned, pl. their service department is decent. The service advisor Im dealing with knows what Im talking about, and familiar with most TSBs. Their parts department has Mazda moly in stock, so as non-value line parts such as Denso-made Thai oil filter. If you want moly for oil change, its $10 extra than regular Castrols.

This dealer uses one Mazda certified mechanic fixing everything I reported during my last warranty service. He screwed up certain things and got corrected by a master mechanic after I complained.

Yeah dealer service varies a lot and YMMV.

A bit of an echo to other posts: there are dealers that provide great service - others do not. I rarely use dealer or local shops but in my area the nearest Mazda dealer service is good. No worries if the car needs repair under warranty. And, I have a local independent shop that is excellent.

Are some here complaining if they have to make appointments 2 - 4 weeks in advance? That could mean the service is excellent - at least demand is outstripping supply. As long as the shop honors the appointment, and does the work to a high standard, then there really should be no complaint.

Disagree. If you have to wait more then a week your dealer is understaffed or your cars break a lot.

s*** hole.
[emoji1787]

There's a Toyota dealership in our town with built-in salon and coffee shop. Meanwhile out Mazda dealerships have ok donuts but outstanding coffee. In the end of the day the techs have done great jobs for the most part.

Back