2014 CX-5 GT Head Unit Replacement

Shadly

:
CX-5
Hi,

I have 2014 CX-5 Grand Touring model with the TomTom head unit. I am interested in pulling it and replacing it with an aftermarket head unit that can support the latest Android Auto. Is there a good thread, writeup, or could anyone give me a few lines, about any good ones? Also, is there any drama associated with getting the accessories (i.e. back up camera, blind spot monitors, etc.) to work with the aftermarket head unit?

Thanks

I have been thinking about the same thing. From what I have read, there are several units available that can work and will give you a functional back up camera and CarPlay and such. However, you loose the ability to control the vehicle settings (door locks, lights, etc).

Do you know why you would lose the vehicle settings? Is this just because the settings menu for the car won't be in the new head unit?

The double din size, is not a standard size?

The new Gen 2 CX-5 don't have a "head unit". More like a tablet screen protruding out of the top of the dash.

Gen 1, you can of course replace the head unit. Pretty sure there are plenty of threads of folks doing so in the Infotainment section.

Do you know why you would lose the vehicle settings? Is this just because the settings menu for the car won't be in the new head unit?

Exactly. The aftermarket head unit won't include a menu for those things. However, I've read that you can ask the dealer to change the settings for you, so its not really a deal breaker IMO (assuming they don't charge).

Crutchfield lists a ton of options for aftermarket multimedia units.

Hello.. If you want to replace standard head unit for CX5, you can click the link that i'll give you. I have bought & installed this product in my 2014 CX-5 Grand Touring, and the product is amazing. Easy-to-learn interface, working well with CX5 standard features (car setting, BOSE sound system & parking camera) also comes with affordable price 😁

Rp 3,188,833.65 29%OFF | Sinosmart Android 8.1 Car GPS Navigation Radio for Mazda CX-5 2013-2016 2din 2.5D IPS/QLE Screen Support BOSE System 4G LTE 32EQ
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/ojx1yO1w

Back