Adding Memory Seats to 2016.5 CX-5 GT

devo1255

:
2016.5 CX5 GT w Tech-Titanium Fla, 2005 Mazda 3 GS - Carbon Grey
Hey all,

Anyone know if the new memory seats available on the U.S. 2017/2018 CX-5s are a plug and play for the 2016.5 CX-5s GT that have the powered seats?

I'm going to go into the dealership to fix my current driver's seat because it is acting up, but if possible, I may opt to buy the one with memory and install that one to replace the current one if it's possible.

Thanks in advance!

I*m not sure what the controls looks like, but if the buttons for the memory settings are not on the seat itself, but on the dash or door, then it would be more complicated to retrofit.

I*m not sure what the controls looks like, but if the buttons for the memory settings are not on the seat itself, but on the dash or door, then it would be more complicated to retrofit.

Our Sig has them on the seat.

it's just a BIG let down that the memory seats do not control the mirrors...wtf??? haha

The memory buttons are on the seats themselves:

03010205-kfusa01-001.png

i've been considering doing this too! has anyone been able to get any far?

apparently, 2016 CX5s sold with car seat memory in Canada!

i've been considering doing this too! has anyone been able to get any far?

apparently, 2016 CX5s sold with car seat memory in Canada!
Yes, 2016 CX-5 GT in Canada does offer memory driver seat, but not on US CX-5 GT. Very disappointed as a 2016 CX-5 GT owner.

But don’t even think about adding a memory seat to a 2016 / 2016.5 US CX-5 GT. Too many components are involved, and the cost will be too expensive!

Yes, 2016 CX-5 GT in Canada does offer memory driver seat, but not on US CX-5 GT. Very disappointed as a 2016 CX-5 GT owner.

But don’t even think about adding a memory seat to a 2016 / 2016.5 US CX-5 GT. Too many components are involved, and the cost will be too expensive!
Money is no object if SWMBO says get it done. Have you got a parts list? Thx.

Money is no object if SWMBO says get it done. Have you got a parts list? Thx.
No, I don’t have a parts list to add the memory feature to the power seat. But firstly you need a entire new power driver seat with memory as 3 adjusting motors need to be different stepper motors to memorize the positions. Hopefully such seat would include the memory buttons on the side skirt. Then you need a new power seat control module which has memory seat support. Thirdly, you need two new key fobs which support memory seat. There may be more accessory parts which are needed for memory feature.

If those don’t scare you off, you also need to find a Mazda dealer in Canada to find those expensive components, and is willing to ship those special-ordered parts to the US as those parts won’t be available on parts list in the US Mazda parts network.

Even if you can allocate plenty of budget to do it, you really should consider to buy a new or a used CX-5 which comes with memory seat from factory! ;)

He he he.
I contacted a Canuck dealer who was kind enough to respond - honestly I was kinda surprised. And they brought up the integration of the air bag system as well. And "who knows about the wiring harness" was their next comment.
I was gonna do a Johnny Cash "One Piece At A Time" and slip it by the bookkeeping department. No way will purchasing a new vehicle fly with Her.
Oh, well.

No, I don’t have a parts list to add the memory feature to the power seat. But firstly you need a entire new power driver seat with memory as 3 adjusting motors need to be different stepper motors to memorize the positions. Hopefully such seat would include the memory buttons on the side skirt. Then you need a new power seat control module which has memory seat support. Thirdly, you need two new key fobs which support memory seat. There may be more accessory parts which are needed for memory feature.

If those don’t scare you off, you also need to find a Mazda dealer in Canada to find those expensive components, and is willing to ship those special-ordered parts to the US as those parts won’t be available on parts list in the US Mazda parts network.

Even if you can allocate plenty of budget to do it, you really should consider to buy a new or a used CX-5 which comes with memory seat from factory! ;)
wow. are you sure though? I figured since my GT already has the power seat + step motor, I just need the buttons, the memory module (assuming it can directly work the motors). and maybe a new 'sleeve' for the seat where the buttons would go in the 2017+ models.

I'm also curious, if CA had it for 2016, we should be able to find parts for it, right? I haven't been so far (all good websites seem like they cater to USA). Thoughts?

wow. are you sure though? I figured since my GT already has the power seat + step motor, I just need the buttons, the memory module (assuming it can directly work the motors). and maybe a new 'sleeve' for the seat where the buttons would go in the 2017+ models.

I'm also curious, if CA had it for 2016, we should be able to find parts for it, right? I haven't been so far (all good websites seem like they cater to USA). Thoughts?
In order to memorize the position of each adjustable component stepper motor is needed instead of traditional motor used on power seat with no memory feature. That’s why you need a whole seat which may cost you $2,000+ each as mentioned in the other thread recently. Mazda North American Operations controls US market, Mazda Canada controls Canadian market. Hence you’re not going to find Mazda parts used in Canadian market in US Mazda dealership.

that makes sense then not to DIY. but for parts, I was thinking of online parts retailers in Canada. I have friends north of the border who can receive and ship it for me if retailers won't ship international

Back