2018 GT Stainless Steel Interior Bling

:
2018, Mazda, CX-5, Snowflake Pearl, Grand Touring
I don't like the way the interior "Piano Black" garnishes show the dust and scratche so easily. Also prefer a little brighter interior.

The console pieces and the pieces on the doors are genuine stainless steel. I also have the back door pieces in Stainless Steel but didn't take any pictures. They look great also.

The instrument panel pieces are Chromed ABS with a matte finish.

Unfortunately, the front passenger door piece does not have a hole for access to the power windows. I had to cut that myself. Wasn't difficult with the right tools.

QZ0Ab97.jpg

R8e9FDc.jpg

7YNQj5J.jpg

NcxRZJt.jpg

S1JV69z.jpg

zosg3Rg.jpg

Love this too. Stick on w 3m tape? How does it look close up? Does it look quality, like it*s oem piece?

Love this too. Stick on w 3m tape? How does it look close up? Does it look quality, like it*s oem piece?

Yes, 3M tape.

All the pieces look good but the ones that are genuine Stainless Steel look the best.

The cup holder surround is Matte finish chromed plastic and fits perfectly but the original tape doesn't stick very well. I solved this problem by adding more tape to it and it now sticks to the console as if it was molded to it.

The overall look to the interior is much better, especially in person.

EPss8xu.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, 3M tape.

All the pieces look good but the ones that are genuine Stainless Steel look the best.

The cup holder surround is Matte finish chromed plastic and fits perfectly but the original tape doesn't stick very well. I solved this problem by adding more tape to it and it now sticks to the console as if it was molded to it.

The overall look to the interior is much better, especially in person.

So, out of curiosity, if you were not to cut the additional hole for the lock switch on the front passenger side door trim would the piece still fit? I don't particularly care if anyone riding there has access to the locks, and all the kits I'm finding on eBay are missing that hole as you stated. I was wondering if you could just install over the switch if you didn't mind losing it's functionality?

I've been having trouble finding a complete stainless steel kit, which is a shame because yours looks great. But Black Titanium looks decent, seems to be plentiful and is all metal as well. I just have to find a way to cover these piano black pieces, as they drive me crazy. If you give them a dirty look, they scratch.

Last edited:
I too dislike how quickly the OEM piano finish ends up with all the micro-scratches on the shift surround, and was previously leaning towards the Black Titanium cover (I already have the BT sill plates, and love them). At that time, some people had purchased these covers and noted that that shift piece I particularly want had quite a bit of gap between the original plate and the cover on the edges/openings. Do you find that true as well, or is the fit satisfactory? It looks damn good in the photos.

The links for the kit don't work, but I did go to carid and found a kit from B&I. Looks great by the way...

Last edited:
Back