Does 2018 CX-5 SCBS have pedestrian detection?

krano

:
CX-5
I'm planning to buy a new CX-5 and I'm happy with the 2018 MY, but I want to make sure its driver assist has pedestrian detection. Does the 2018 CX-5 Touring have the *advanced* SCBS with pedestrian detection?

The mazdausa website lists advanced SCBS for 2019 CX-5 Touring, but not for 2019 CX-5 Sport or any of the 2018 CX-5 Trims.
The 2018 CX-5 owner's manual on mazdausa.com/static/manuals/2018/cx5 does not mention advanced SCBS whereas 2019 manual does.

However, 2018 manual on s3.amazonaws.com/tsd.mazdausa.com/web_OM/English/2018/2018_CX5_web_OM/ says it has advanced SCBS.
Also, the salesman at the local dealer said he "believes" the 2018 CX-5 has advanced SCBS, but he wasn't very convincing.

TLDR: Can anyone with 2018 CX-5 confirm it has the advanced SCBS with pedestrian detection?

I have the Sport trim and it supposed to have the regular SCBS but I have never been able to get it to activate. So I conclude never trust an autonomous braking system. Be alert and drive carefully.

Mk 1? Keep seeing that, finally have to ask. Lol
I do find myself relying on this stuff too much. Got in a few weeks ago, flipped into reverse, only looking at the camera. It was clear when I got in. Well the person next to me had started backing out and had I not noticed right away I might have hit her.

Mk 1? Keep seeing that, finally have to ask. Lol
I do find myself relying on this stuff too much. Got in a few weeks ago, flipped into reverse, only looking at the camera. It was clear when I got in. Well the person next to me had started backing out and had I not noticed right away I might have hit her.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_I

Since I am still on gen 1 of my eye (no lasix, etc. and no enhancements or assistive devices), it is my MK1 eyeball. Puyapim appears to have a similar situation.

This is the literal meaning.

The thought behind it is "Use what's always worked to keep you from running into stuff. Your own damn eyes. You don't need all this crap. It's like consulting the Weather app to see if it's snowing outside your bedroom window!"

The thought behind it is "Use what's always worked to keep you from running into stuff. Your own damn eyes. You don't need all this crap. It's like consulting the Weather app to see if it's snowing outside your bedroom window!"

Correct, you don't "need" things like BSM, but it is a nice thing to have. It helps when some idiot is doing 70mph through the parking lot and your eyes can only see the immediate area, due to the large truck parked next to you.

Modern safety features should not be replacing basic driving skills that we all learned. They should be aiding them. You'll always have those that just rely on the tech, but in the past those same people relied on just luck.

So....what does that mean between the 40 km/h vs the 45 km/h...on the last pedestrian test?

Just what it says. At 40 km/h the system was able to stop the car before impact. At 45 km/h the system wasn't able to stop the car before impact, but it slowed the car to 16 km/h before the hit, reducing the force of impact (vs. impact at 45 km/h).

In the situation, pedestrian was moving to the intersection point.
The SCBS has its limitation today. It does not *predict* yet. Maybe someday.
So, it braked too late to fully stop in time. It did slow down to lessen the injury.

So....what does that mean between the 40 km/h vs the 45 km/h...on the last pedestrian test?

Actually I think the CX 5 stopped with an adult crossing up to 60 km/h. The 40 km/h and 45 km/h was a child, not an adult and the "child" was darting out from behind a car.

Back