Does the 2019 CX-5 Signature have remote start? I’m confused

:
19 CX-5 Signature
Before heading out to look at a 2019 Signature (and ultimately agreeing to buy) I verified it had features I wanted by looking at the different trims on the Mazda website.

For 2019 Signature I saw Mazda Advanced Keyless Entry and Start System under Touring trim features so I took that to mean remote (fob) unlock and remote (fobj start. Now Im thinking it means push button start ne not remote start?

So, does the 2019 Signature have oem remote start? If it doesn't, I’ll be fighting for my deposit back on Wednesday.

Thanks.

Well since Mazda Mobile Start is listed as a stand-alone option for all models including the Signature, I guess that means it's not standard on any model!

Before heading out to look at a 19 Signature (and ultimately agreeing to buy) I verified it had features I wanted by looking at the different trims on the Mazda website.

For 19 Signature I saw *Mazda Advanced Keyless Entry and Start System* under Touring trim features so I took that to mean remote (fob) unlock and remote (fobj start. Now I*m thinking it means push button start ne not remote start?

So, does the 19 Signature have oem remote start? If it doesn*t I*ll be fighting for my deposit back on Wednesday.

Thanks.

No, it does not have a remote start as standard. I have the remote start on my old 2014 CX-5 and while it was nice, it REALLY used lots of gas. The Mazda engines are gas guzzlers before they warm up.

Well since Mazda Mobile Start is listed as a stand-alone option for all models including the Signature, I guess that means it's not standard on any model!

Not Mobile Start, remote start. Mobile device vs key fob.

No, it does not have a remote start as standard. I have the remote start on my old 2014 CX-5 and while it was nice, it REALLY used lots of gas. The Mazda engines are gas guzzlers before they warm up.

Bummer. I*m afraid that*s gonna be a deal killer. We use it a lot.

Bummer. I*m afraid that*s gonna be a deal killer. We use it a lot.

Aftermarket Options are available that are not crazy expensive and have a lot more features.

I plan to get a Compustar w/ Drone Mobile when I buy my signature in two weeks. (Mine is currently in the port and shipping up to my dealer). Can use the included Compustar remote that has a two way status LCD and longer range and/or program it for the Mazda Fobs. Drone Mobile allows control from Cellular.

Aftermarket Options are available that are not crazy expensive and have a lot more features.

I plan to get a Compustar w/ Drone Mobile when I buy my signature in two weeks. (Mine is currently in the port and shipping up to my dealer). Can use the included Compustar remote that has a two way status LCD and longer range and/or program it for the Mazda Fobs. Drone Mobile allows control from Cellular.

8d774b75c2ef2216748493ad3de8d8c2.jpg

They only have 2017 listed in the site, but the system should be identical.

Sure would be nice if MAZDA would list the features of each CX5 model in a side by side comparison like ACURA does. The side by side makes it very easy to compare features. Ed

Yeah. I know, just seems like when you spend almost $40 large for a top of the line premium edition car you shouldn*t have to spend 500 and 6 a month extra to get something cars a third less the cost have standard. Cripes, I can start my truck through Alexa for $0/month.

Chose the CX5 over the Bimmer X1 which I wanted in the worst way cause it was much more fun to drive - repair and reliability stink tho. Could be had cheaper than the Mazda too. Might have to rethink this...

Thanks.

Sure would be nice if MAZDA would list the features of each CX5 model in a side by side comparison like ACURA does. The side by side makes it very easy to compare features. Ed

Yeah, it is kinda messy. I shoulda confirmed it with the salesdude if it was that important - My fail.

No way I*m paying any per month - I*ll be putting that $ towards 93 octane gas instead ;)

My wife wanted remote start on the Signature we bought her 3 weeks ago. It didn't come with it. She accepted that and loves the car. I6m glad it doesn't have it because she would be warming it up at least 10 minutes every morning when ths vehicle only needs 2-3 minutes max.

If thats the deal breaker for you then don't buy the car. But I'm going to bet you will make many other compromises such as quality, style, driveability, fun factor and/or price to get a car where remote start comes standard.

Good luck!

The closest I have seen is page 17 of https://www.mazdausa.com/siteassets/pdf/brochures/2019/cx-5/2019-cx5-brochure.pdf

I considered the lack of remote start but will live without it. The OEM options are Mazda Mobile Start (phone app) with a subscription fee or Remote Start which requires a second large fob.

Last edited:
Don*t know why I hadn*t known this, or known the full story, but my daughter has a 17 CX5 GT (that I*ve driven often) and I knew it didn*t come with remote fob start. I thought she just let it be but I*ve come to find out she had it installed at a local shop - it*s Viper brand she thinks. Works with oem fob. Shop does all the installs for the Mazda (and other) dealers when buyers want it up front but salesman told her it was more expensive to buy through dealer so go herself. She said she thought it was a bit over $200 with tax.

Does remote start still require that clunky app or god awful key fob?

Not sure about *oem* but I*m pretty sure the one my daughter had installed uses her Mazda fobs. She*s happy with her system but says if she had to do it over again she*d pay more for the two-way in order to get confirmation back the start was successful.

Last edited:
Back