2017 cx5 driver side door wind noise

:
Mazda, 2017 cx-5, GT
Recently my 17 cx5 has wind noise when I drive on high way over 100KM/h, did anyone ever experience this issue?

No just as it from the factory, and it just happened recently, I wonder if anything like the weather stripping not sealed well, but can't see anything wrong from my eyes.

Quite possibly or maybe the window is not closing properly and therefore some air movement is occurring hence the noise (uhm)

Is it a high pitch like whistle? Sounds like it is coming from the driver's side mirror? If so, I have the same problem but no solution as of yet.

Is it a high pitch like whistle? Sounds like it is coming from the driver's side mirror? If so, I have the same problem but no solution as of yet.

Chances are the high pitched noise is coming from the factory roof rails if you have them installed. I had the same issue, the high pitched noise would start at about 35 mph and was quite annoying. I haven't brought it to the dealer yet but I put a small piece of electrical tape over the joint of the roof rail about an inch back from where the roof rail starts above the windshield. This solved the problem for me. I will have the dealer look at it the next time I bring it in.

As far as the issue the OP has, I have not had that problem with ours.

20181012-062426.jpg

Chances are the high pitched noise is coming from the factory roof rails if you have them installed. I had the same issue, the high pitched noise would start at about 35 mph and was quite annoying. I haven't brought it to the dealer yet but I put a small piece of electrical tape over the joint of the roof rail about an inch back from where the roof rail starts above the windshield. This solved the problem for me. I will have the dealer look at it the next time I bring it in.

20181012-062426.jpg

Thank you for the reply. With my CX-5 there is no roof rails. But that might be helpful for the OP

20181012-062426.jpg

At least they could have used silver or grey electrical tape to match the roof rail

Yes , but I for me I don't know if from the mirror or driver side door or glass. For me only happens when speed over 100km/h.

Yes , but I for me I don't know if from the mirror or driver side door or glass. For me only happens when speed over 100km/h.

You are not alone - I have the same problem.

For me, when the driver's window is down the whistle goes away. Put it back up and it comes back. I just chalked it up to can't be perfect and turn on the radio. :)

Try going for a drive with the driver mirror folded in.
Might end up making more noise that way, but perhaps worth a shot.

Try going for a drive with the driver mirror folded in.
Might end up making more noise that way, but perhaps worth a shot.

Yes it did end up with more noise with the mirror folded and the sound still there, I don't think it's the mirror.

Back