Keeping backup camera clean?

rhojos14

:
2017 CX-5
Do y'all have any tips for keeping the backup camera clean/unobscured? Mainly talking about during/after the rain, it get water droplets all over it and it's not really usable until you get right up on something. It's been suggested that I put some RainX on it but wondered if you guys have done anything special to help with this?

Regarding cleaning, I just wipe it first with a damp soft cloth and the dry it off with soft cloth

I'm an optics snob like you wouldnt believe, but this thing? It gets the casual thumb wipe when i access the hatch

It is, but I'm not worried much about small abrasions on the lens. It's got s*** resolution anyways. My expensive European and Japanese optics? Different game.

Agreed. European systems seem much clearer

Rain-X actually makes it worst as the water droplets dry in small blobs making the image worst.

After rain or like others have said, a quick wipe with the thumb when opening the hatch seems to work best.

dude common sense: Collinite 845 LOL(mj)

okay seriously though collonite 845 wax makes rain angrily bounce off my hood. no joke.

I guess I should have clarified that I meant keeping it clear while driving. Even if I wipe it off when I get in the car it'll have water drops all over by the time I get to my destination.

I guess I should have clarified that I meant keeping it clear while driving. Even if I wipe it off when I get in the car it'll have water drops all over by the time I get to my destination.

Install a tiny wiper!

Back