What is this Sorcery?

:
13' CX-5 and 16' Mazda6 both Touring w/Tech/Bose
Calling all skyactiv Guinea pigs to please try this. Spray into PCV valve in 2-second interval sprays while idling set to 2k rpms, allow to heat soak a few minutes, drive off to burn off gunk, change oil, report back to the forum (idhitit).

Any Guinea pigs other there!?!?!

CRC is a known brand and it probably has benefits for the first 100 miles then wears off. It’s not going to do power and mpg gain based off a liquid spray.

A cleaner engine should deliver those gains until it gets dirty again

It is snake oil. I love my dealer's service department but every oil change they try to sell me this crap for like $200. Tell them NO time and time again.

Think about this for a second - if gas isn't "washing" over the valves in a direct injection why would there be crud build up on the valve in the first place? The gas isn't going over the valve!

That's a great point. Another thing to think about: If it does what he says it does, why hasn't Mazda figured out how to put some in themselves?

Makes me wonder just how much crud is in a typical GDI engine valves. Haven't noticed lost in performance yet in two skyactiv engines. One with 40k miles the other 84k miles. I guess living in a hot environment and not doing short frequent trips helps.

Then again I redline at least once a week. As Mazda said, the best way to combat deposits is getting to operating heat range. Is that why the initial startup idle is higher?

My opinion is as long as you change your oil regularly, you won't have any problems with crud or build up.

I'm not 100% sure about the second part of your question CX-5um, but I believe the initial start up idle is higher to warm up the catalytic converter. It has the side benefit of warming up the engine quickly as well

only way to reduce the buildup on the intake valve is an oil catch can. This stuff costs like $10.. I've used it twice before. Easier than taking off the intake manifold just to have a look.

For those still not sure about DI here is a video that goes over the different methods and pro/cons.. specifically around the 6 min part they talk about DI.. but it's worth watching from the start

only way to reduce the buildup on the intake valve is an oil catch can. This stuff costs like $10.. I've used it twice before. Easier than taking off the intake manifold just to have a look.

Yo Chris, did you buy a DIY kit and retrofitted it? Drop the knowledge man..I would be interested.

Yo Chris, did you buy a DIY kit and retrofitted it? Drop the knowledge man..I would be interested.

I bought a jbr kit but some of the hoses were improperly sized (3/8 vs 5/8) because of differences in the 2.5/2.0l engine on different models. This was like 2 or more years ago so maybe its corrected now. CS has one too, and noth have instructions on their website which could be used with a generic kit as well.

Back