What's happening?

:
2018 CX-5 Touring AWD
So today was raining and the windshield wipers didn't automatically start working, I had to manually get them to work. Since I bought my car in January, I've had it set so that it starts automatically (my lights too) and it's worked ... until today.

Also, today I noticed that the infotainment screen lights up and dims down at certain points. It's hard to say when but it's never "stable," that is, it's never either dark or bright, it goes up and down on its own. I don't remember this being that way. It would stay on one setting or the other.

Is it weird that these two things started happening (or I started noticing) at the same time? Anyone knows what's going on and better yet, HOW TO fix these "problems"?

Thank you.

Sounds like the windshield sensor or the connector to the sensor. That would explain all your symptoms. Take it back to the dealer.

Wipers and auto headlights for sure. Headlights change the display brightness.

By the way - this is the wrong forum. Use the CX-5 Lounge for these types of questions. You'll get much better responses.

By the way - this is the wrong forum. Use the CX-5 Lounge for these types of questions. You'll get much better responses.
I was debating which forum to post this on. I finally decided to post here because I thought I had moved/touched something by mistake that caused this and was asking HOW TO solve it. I'll keep this in mind for the future.

Thanks.

(Mods, feel free to move this post to the appropriate forum and apologies for posting here.)

So today was raining and the windshield wipers didn't automatically start working, I had to manually get them to work. Since I bought my car in January, I've had it set so that it starts automatically (my lights too) and it's worked ... until today.

Also, today I noticed that the infotainment screen lights up and dims down at certain points. It's hard to say when but it's never "stable," that is, it's never either dark or bright, it goes up and down on its own. I don't remember this being that way. It would stay on one setting or the other.

Is it weird that these two things started happening (or I started noticing) at the same time? Anyone knows what's going on and better yet, HOW TO fix these "problems"?

Thank you.

I just had my 2018 GT dropped at the dealer for system recalibration. The rain sensing wiper and auto high beam were not working, along with SCB off and Lane Departure Assist off lights were displaying within the instrument cluster even though those features were turned on via the infotainment screen. I will know more by Monday once they work on it.

I just had my 2018 GT dropped at the dealer for system recalibration. The rain sensing wiper and auto high beam were not working, along with SCB off and Lane Departure Assist off lights were displaying within the instrument cluster even though those features were turned on via the infotainment screen. I will know more by Monday once they work on it.
Let me know how it goes. I'm bringing mine in this Wednesday.

Just picked up my CX5 today from the service center. They had to replace the FSC camera and do a reflash.

So far so good, as all the issues are resolved.

Other than the inconvenience of this occurring on a brand new car the dealership did a stand up job in keeping me in the loop during the 4 days it took them to fix things. As a courtesy they filled up my fuel tank and detailed the car for me. I was told the job itself could have been performed within a day but they had to order a specialized tool from Mazda in California for the FSC camera replacement.

Back