HUD at night

:
2017 CX5 AWD Touring
When driving at night with vehicles in front if you, doesn't the HUD wash out in the vehicles tail lights?

My Z06 never had this issue. HUD matched ambiet lighting automatically, similar to those little RMR optics Trijicon has.

No, it dims down with the panel lights and you look straight through it. Only the figures are visible and they aren’t really capable of blocking your view.

Nope, it's fine for me. If you have it too high it might get in the way of the rear of other cars... mine's fine though so maybe the height setting matters?

Anyone notice that the HUD dont remember my settings?
If you re-star immediately it will remember the setting but leave it 10-15 minutes, when you comeback all the setting are reset.

Anyone notice that the HUD don’t remember my settings?
If you re-star immediately it will remember the setting but leave it 10-15 minutes, when you comeback all the setting are reset.

My settings on my CX-5 and wifes CX-3 stay exactly was we set them. even if car is parked for days.

That's not normal.

Which settings do you mean? Height, brightness? What.

No problem here. Works great day or night and the settings I have on it, stay as I have them set.

Usually its height, 99.9% each time I start the vhicule the height setting are automatically reset except for the brightness.
For my last oil change (1 week ago) I ask the tech advisor to come with me and check.
Turn on and off the car, the setting stay but later in the day, the setting are reset!!!!
Thank you for you input, my next oil change I will show them before the car going to the shop. See if after...

Usually it’s height, 99.9% each time I start the vhicule the height setting are automatically reset except for the brightness.
For my last oil change (1 week ago) I ask the tech advisor to come with me and check.
Turn on and off the car, the setting stay but later in the day, the setting are reset!!!!
Thank you for you input, my next oil change I will show them before the car going to the shop. See if after...

The key fob remembers seat settings per driver if set - could it be the heads up display does too? Are you switching key fobs maybe? Just a thought, i have no idea if anything other then memory seat is tied to key fobs. And you actually have to assign each fob to each seat.. so maybe a stretch here.

Yup, perfectly normal. That's just a graphical separator between the top and bottom part of the display. It only appears if there's something on the top and bottom, so you may not see it all the time.

Yup, perfectly normal. That's just a graphical separator between the top and bottom part of the display. It only appears if there's something on the top and bottom, so you may not see it all the time.

+1
so you will not see it all the time.

Thank you everyone, I set automatic brightness and link to my key fob and now my CX-5 remember the setting 👍

Back