Leatherette seats - sweaty?

:
2018 CX-5 Tour
My 2016 CX-5 Touring lease is almost up and I was going to go with a 2018. But now I see that cloth seats are no longer offered on this trim, and they were not on the 2017 Touring either. I had a car with vinyl (same thing) seats years ago and really disliked it - wore out many seat cushions trying to get some air between the vinyl and me. So far I've read, and also heard, that the Leatherette and LuxSuede combo can be hot and sticky. They don't breathe. Big bummer, for me.

What are your experiences with these synthetic fabrics?

Thanks.

My wife has the leatherette suede in her 2017 cx-3 and the summer was fine in ohio. My daughter has a 2016 sonic woth cloth seats and find them incredibly hot.

I have the 2017 Touring and am happy with the leatherette. I think the LuxSuede being a fabric helps keep the seat ventilated and comfortable. I also like the low maintenance compared to leather.

I actually put a white cotton towel down on the seat portion. That way it absorbs any sweat/dirt and then I throw it in the wash. I did that on the leather and leatherette versions. That's just me but I also take off my shoes when I enter my house and keep the house very clean. I am kind of a neat freak.

Back