2017~2024 Jacking up truck with an adapter

:
Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring
I saw the other thread about jacking up the front of the truck, but instead of asking my question at the end of his and unintentionally hijacking it, I created a fresh one.

For years I've always jacked all my cars by from the center. In the front, it was by some cross-member and in the rear at the differential. If it's not at these center points, I'lll jack near where the lower arm attaches to the chassis.

On our new CX5, with so many plastic covers, I couldn't find an obvious FRONT center spot to jack and I didn't have the patience to look behind all plastic covers. In the front, for the time being, I've been reluctantly lifting it twice, at each traditional spot behind the front tires.

In the BACK, it was obvious the rear differential would hold the weight and their was a protruding flat piece that seemed obvious to be the jack point, but made for a hairy lift with a floor jack. Because my floor jack won't lift it high enough to remove tires, I stacked wood on top of the jack.

This was a very hairy and scary lift to do with wood and is way too unsteady but it's obvious this is a jack point.

I struggled to find anything from Mazda or here on an adapter or a description of this point. Did research to create my own adapter, and then found this,
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

I'm not convinced this is the right size and I'm not convinced to use a metal or rubber one yet. Magnets are not worth the cost.

The slot width needs to be right for the sides and rear diff, and the depth can't be too small or it'll crush into the body on the side.
I also prefer one that sits snug in the floor jack cup.

Have any of you bought or used these?

Have any of you used a solid extension besides wood?
This is an example of one I found, but won't adapt to my jack. https://www.kartek.com/parts/pro-ea...-15-has-4-adjustment-points-every-1-inch.html

I'm still researching options and am curious of your first hand experiences or experiences from friends/family.
(I'm worried this thread will be filled with opinions and perspectives instead of first hand experiences)

Eeesh that front jack point is REALLY far back.

Tell me about it. I have to access it from behind the front driver side wheel. Now the rear, I can raise both rear wheels in seconds from under the rear bumper.

Tell me about it. I have to access it from behind the front driver side wheel. Now the rear, I can raise both rear wheels in seconds from under the rear bumper.

Good excuse for one of these (thumb)?

SPOA10-NV.jpg

As mentioned the front central lift point is there at the crossmember but is pretty far back. Make sure you're in the right spot and not on the pan! Rear lift point is the nub beside the diff.

I suggest you get a bigger jack so you don't need the wood blocks. I have an aluminum / steel hybrid that's light enough to move around easy but big enough to lift without blocks with stability. It'll pay itself off after a few uses and the right tool for the job, particularly when lifting a vehicle, is priceless.

Personally I use a DIY hockey puck pinch weld adapter at the pinch weld lift points. It's so easy I find it faster than messing around on the ground trying to find the central points.

Back