2017~2024 Anyone Heard of ResistAll?

:
2017 CX-5 GT AWD
I have this sticker inside the windshield on my 2017, bought in May of last year. I bought the car from a dealership near my home in MO, but the car was sourced from a dealership in Springfield, ILL. I didn't pay much attention to it obviously, thinking it was just something for the windshield glass. ResistAll.jpg

In looking for ResistAll online, I found it is a paint protectant and/or interior application to the seats, etc. The salesman at the MO dealership said the car had been prepped at the ILL dealership before it was driven here for my purchase (already had windows tinted and pinstripe applied) and no further add-ons were done once the car arrived here. I called the dealership in ILL and spoke to the service manager, who then stated they do not use a product/company that would apply this. He suggested perhaps the car was prepped at port before it even got to a dealership. I have the number for ResistAll support and will be calling them on Monday to see if they have any record of the VIN and what exactly (if anything) was applied to the car. Anyone ever run into a similar situation? Any other avenues to check VIN history if ResistAll support turns up nothing?

Yes, the products also come with a warranty but if I am unable to determine what was actually applied, if anything, then a warranty would be of no use. They also have a window glass treatment so since the sticker was on the windshield, maybe that was part of service. I'll keep this thread updated once I know more.

If you can't prove you bought it, you won't have warranty coverage anyway, even if you can determine that it was applied.
Hope you figure it out.

Dealers resell these schemes as add ons. Often charging $500-$1000 - they can have a 1 year warranty or 5 year warranty, but they offer no actual value for the money spent, as they are no more then wax on the outside, scotchguard on the inside - if the dealer does anything at all other then charge the fee.

But as you find out more, make sure the warranty is even transferable to a new owner.

Finally called Resistall support. No record of my CX-5 by VIN number, so nothing to gain looking any further. Thanks for the helpful comments though!

Can you post a pic of your car with the pinstriping?

I was thinking of doing it to my car but can't find anything that would show me how it might look on a CX-5.

I'm a fan of it (done right).
Many here are not.

Thanks!

That's the same color CX-5 I have. You got great taste ;)

This guy has generic Mazda logos as well as specific model logos.
cache_901953795.JPG

I emailed him 6 months ago asking for pics of complete cars rather than close-up fender shots and he had none. His website's been updated since then to include them (I just found out searching for the links for this comment), but they could be better so you can actually see the pinstriping.

cache_896447236.jpg

Back