Claybar Bars

:
2021 Acura RDX
Hi all.

Im going to claybar and wax my 17 GT this weekend. I have never owned light colored cars until I bought this. My vehicle is the snowflake pearl white. The color is amazing, but I have some rail dust and little specs of what looks like tar.

Can anyone suggest a good claybar/lube that will remove these contaminants? I was going to try the Meguiars Clay Kit, but I wasnt sure if that would work or not.

Any thoughts? What do you all prefer claybar wise?

Can anyone suggest a good claybar/lube that will remove these contaminants? I was going to try the Meguiars Clay Kit, but I wasn’t sure if that would work or not.

Any thoughts? What do you all prefer claybar wise?

I use the Meguiars clay bar, have no complaints

Has anyone used the nanoskin clay sponge (blue)? If so, did you have trouble with paint scratches/marring?
I have, and I like it more then clay. Maybe because I'm getting lazy after years of perfecting the car for the next owner...
To me, it is easier to work with, and it becomes a two beer bottles ordeal instead of three. But you gotta make sure that everything is perfectly wet, and that you apply the sponge parallel to the surface. Otherwise you get marring. Quite reusable and if you drop it, not a big deal.

Look into a product like carpro Iron-X to help get rid of that rail dust before doing the clay bar.

Lubricate the bar!

Most important, lubricate. Soapy water or whatever they include with the kit

To answer your question, yes the meguiars clay bar kit is good. there's not much different between different types of clays out there today, they all do the same thing. There's also the clay towels that do the same thing and are really nice but also more expensive. Those are great if you do multiple cars per year as they last longer and just rinse off with water. The quick detailer that meguiars includes is a decent clay lube, so is ONR mixed in a bottle and good soapy water from your wash bucket. I usually just clay with a soapy wash mitt in one hand and clay in the other.

Back