Rbcm problem

samiro

:
cx5
hallow all. sorry about my English. I hope you will understand me.

first of all. i want to know if there is a guide the I can read to understand how to make changes to my RBCM. (like auto door lock), I have cx5 2012 with non-original media so I can't change it from my head unit. (I even dont know if I can do that in 2012 model)

another thing.
i try to change my trunk lamp to led. and accidently make contact between the + and - I thought I will find fuse for that. But I understand that maybe I make damage to my RBCM.
*** now all working fine even the lights in the car are ok. but i don't have any light in the trunk.
can I program or make a hard reset to the rbcm ?
I want to try fix it like that. And if I can't Ill buy a used /new one

thank you alll

I believe that the CX-5 begins with the 2013 model year, at least here in the USA.
There is some electronic module that controls the light in the trunk. As I understand it, if you short the contacts in the trunk, the module is damaged and must be replaced. This non-fused module is a bad design, IMHO.

yes i understand.

what about to make changes in the RBCM.
i saw in different forums. they talk about connecting and make changes in HEX numbers...

yes i understand.

what about to make changes in the RBCM.
i saw in different forums. they talk about connecting and make changes in HEX numbers...
You're talking about hacking the rear body control module (RBCM) which definitely beyond most people's knowledge here. Even Mazda Factory Service Manual won't tell you anything like this.

Like GP 2004 had said above, there's no fuse protection from rear compartment light to RBCM from 2013 (or 2012 outside of US) through 2015 CX-5's when the light is located on the side panel. Based on member's experience here, once you shorted the contacts of rear compartment light, the RBCM WILL get damaged! And you can't hack your dead RBCM anyway! I've seen a member from Russia did the component-level fix to his damaged RBCM that may be the cheapest way to make it work again on this otherwise very expensive module.

FYI, Mazda eventually added a fuse for rear compartment light to protect RBCM and relocated the light to the liftgate.

There is a TSB warning about this.

Attachments

• Lighting Caution When Replacing Cargo Compartment Light Bulb.pdf
    49.2 KB · Views: 294
Back