Moonroof question?

michaelbarth

:
2018 CX-5 AWD Touring with Preferred Equipment Package
I know how to open the sunroof, but how do you make the rear part of the sunroof tilt open while keeping the front side down? In my other cars this would happen when you just held the button in the forward direction, but in the CX-5 nothing happens. Surely the sunroof does this, no?

Not on mine. Are you sure? If so, I will need a service appointment.

Capture.PNG

I have a 2017 and as far as I know that didn't change. I just push on the sunroof button and it tills. press forward to close it. press back to slide it open. The link above is a picture of the owners manual regarding the tilt function.

Last edited:
Owners manual for the 17 states that pushing on the switch tilts the moonroof. To close, momentarily slide the switch downwards. I’m guessing no change for 18.

Wait, when you say push the button, you mean actually press skyward on the button and that will tilt it? I didn't know it was a 3 way switch - rearward to open sunroof, forward to close, and a press to tilt. Thanks for your help!

Wait, when you say push the button, you mean actually press skyward on the button and that will tilt it? I didn't know it was a 3 way switch - rearward to open sunroof, forward to close, and a press to tilt. Thanks for your help!

That’s correct. Anytime. [emoji1303]

correct. it can be a bit confusing the first few times you use it.

Back