CX-5 towing

svho

:
ND
Hello,

Has anybody tow with the CX5? Looking to tow a trailer and jetski that is about $1300 lbs. During towing, do you switch to manual mode (the manual shift). I know its rated for 2000lbs on the 2018 model. Just want your experience with towing.

No, I don't need an F150 to tow a freaking dam jetski for some of you going to suggest that LOL!

Thanks,
SVHO

you should have no problems towing a jetski. Just make sure you are smart about it and allow extra room to stop, don't expect it to take off as fast as if you weren't towing and keep your speeds lower then usual. I have a small harbor freight trailer rated to handle 1800lbs or so and have it loaded up pretty good in the past and towed with no problems.

you should have no problems towing a jetski. Just make sure you are smart about it and allow extra room to stop, don't expect it to take off as fast as if you weren't towing and keep your speeds lower then usual. I have a small harbor freight trailer rated to handle 1800lbs or so and have it loaded up pretty good in the past and towed with no problems.

Thank you. I have towed with a Tacoma V6 and 4 cylinders over the years. Did with jetski and travel trailers too.

I would use the manual mode for sure. you will effectively want to lock yourself out of sixth on the highway. you will not have any troubles towing a jet-ski with this car.

I tow 1700kg with a diesel and only use manual for occasional down hill engine braking. No sport mode on our cars.

Hello,

Has anybody tow with the CX5? Looking to tow a trailer and jetski that is about $1300 lbs. During towing, do you switch to manual mode (the manual shift). I know its rated for 2000lbs on the 2018 model. Just want your experience with towing.

No, I don't need an F150 to tow a freaking dam jetski for some of you going to suggest that LOL!

Thanks,
SVHO

A PWC w/trailer weighs 1,300 lbs? That's way more then I would have guessed.

I've towed up to the 2000lb limit once without any issues doing a Home Depot run. I've also towed a lightweight (900lbs) pop-up camper and could hard tell it was back there. I think my highway mileage was around 23mpg doing 65mph.

Back