Can you buy a CX5 with...

:
RDX Aspec Adv.
-Factory XM
-Hardtop
-AWD
-17" rims

100% factory, nothing aftermarket to achieve this combo, (any/all years applicable)?

-Factory XM
-Hardtop
-AWD
-17" rims

100% factory, nothing aftermarket to achieve this combo, (any/all years applicable)?
Hardtop not a factory part. AWD + 17" rims yes. Don't know about XM as we don't get it here.

Sirius and XM are the same combined company and have been available since the first model year of the CX5. What do you mean by hardtop, no sunroof?

I assume he means no sunroof. Not sure what it's like in the US, but in Canada only the GT Tech Pack gets Sirius XM it seems, and they come standard with a sunroof. At least that's the case in the new models, don't know what the older models get for packages.

Last edited:
Hmm, try the base model? Dunno if it comes with an XM since I don't think you can buy a tech on the base model.

Up here in the North, XM comes 3 months free on GT purchased with Tech purchased. Not sure about the hard top but I would have chosen that for my GT since I don't really use it at all especially on winter seasons. Just adds worry for me of being broken by a rock hit.

It only comes with XM and 17s on the convertible version.

The only way to get what you listed is to get a 2015 or prior WITHOUT the bose and moonroof package and then add the Mazda oem XM receiver accessory. 16 and on theres no oem receiver that can be added anymore and the only way to get XM is on the GT trim.

-Factory XM
-Hardtop
-AWD
-17" rims

To get 17" rims you need the Touring model, to get Sirius/XM you need the Grand Touring model.
Maybe you can get the GT and have them put 17's on it. Good Luck.

To get 17" rims you need the Touring model, to get Sirius/XM you need the Grand Touring model.
Maybe you can get the GT and have them put 17's on it. Good Luck.

19" rims are now standard on the 2018 Touring CX5. Only Sport retains the smaller wheel.

My 2014 Touring (AWD + 17inch wheels) has no sunroof (I assume what you mean by hard top, it's not a Jeep LOL). Would never want one here due to hail season.

XM? Can't tell you. I'm a totally barebones Touring (neither the Tech package, or the Bose/Moonroof package) and don't even know anything about XM.

If this is once again lamenting your issues with phone pairing and streaming and bluetooth, as discussed in the thread we derailed, your experience is NOT normal and should be checked out.

Last edited:
My 2014 Touring (AWD + 17inch wheels) has no sunroof (I assume what you mean by hard top, it's not a Jeep LOL). Would never want one here due to hail season.

XM? Can't tell you. I'm a totally barebones Touring and don't even know anything about XM.

If this is once again lamenting your issues with phone pairing and streaming and bluetooth, as discussed in the thread we derailed, your experience is NOT normal and should be checked out.

I was just curious. My CX5 is getting up there in miles, and before I hit 100K, I need to decide if I am going to trust it for the long haul, or dump it. I was curious if I could get "my ideal options". I don't like tires over 17" on an appliance because of the money. I DO miss XM because regardless of how my phone/car pair, no signal means no music. I need satellite. Further, I hate moon and sun-roofs unless it's Pano. Pano is worth the pain in the arse because emotions/I like it/etc, but otherwise it's just a huge hole to leak around the seams in 3-5 years.

I’ve never had a sunroof leak either. Most of those cases were from the 70’s when sunroofs were aftermarket.

I’ve also read a number of reports where pano roofs make noises during very cold and hot days. I have no personal experience though.

Hard top here means something else. Didn't know you meant no sunroof

It doesn't mean "No moon roof" here either. lol ;)
That would be...car with no moon roof. :D
I thought he was looking for an MX5 with a soft top and posted in the wrong forum. (Still not sure that isn't the case).

/edit/ Just realize it was unob?!? Someone shopping around for an upgrade?!?

I've heard stories about sunroof leaking issues, but never experienced them myself in the last 4 cars I've owned. I imagine a factory sunroof seal will hold up about as well as a window seal. So if your windows start leaking, the sunroof might start too, and at that point it's probably going to be new car discussion time again, because I've never had a car with a sunroof or window leak, and I've had some pretty old cars with sunroofs.

I've never had one leak, but I have had the gears strip on some older cars when I was younger. I'd prefer to be without one now-a-days though, if given a choice.

Every car Ive ever owned has had a sunroof and Ive never had a single leak.

I've never had a leak, but I have had mechanical issues like broken guides and if the tracks or other mechanisms break or get messed up, it's big money. Nothing but pano is worth paying for imo

It doesn't mean "No moon roof" here either. lol ;)
That would be...car with no moon roof. :D
I thought he was looking for an MX5 with a soft top and posted in the wrong forum. (Still not sure that isn't the case).

/edit/ Just realize it was unob?!? Someone shopping around for an upgrade?!?

Not yet, but at 76k miles, I'm keeping options open for when I near 100k. On the fence about trading. Also looking at cars like the wrx, but it gets slower each year. For 2018, it's similar to the forester 2.0xt. No lie.

Back