This Topic Sucks (What Car Vacuum to Buy?)

isketerol

Contributor
:
Mazda CX-5 GS 2018 AWD
HI:

Since others have shamed me for living in a climate where they use nasty things to melt snow and increase traction, I have decided to get a 12V car vacuum to give Madge a spruce up. To answer the two questions / remarks that may come up:

• My parking spot is nowhere near a 120V supply.
  • I also have found that the cordless one use NiCad batteris that just don't have much of a lifetime.

I have seen an "Amour All" branded vacuum at $30 CAD and a Black and Decker at $60 CAD.

Does anyone have any real-life experience with either of these?

IskiE

I have a portable one for home use, that I just charge and take it. Lasts 15 mins which is plenty to clean seats etc. got one for 25 bucks. I do not like the 12V ones because if you vacuum 15 mins - you need to keep engine running which is wasteful.

I have a portable one for home use, that I just charge and take it. Lasts 15 mins which is plenty to clean seats etc. got one for 25 bucks. I do not like the 12V ones because if you vacuum 15 mins - you need to keep engine running which is wasteful.

Good point. I was very tempted by the Ryobi unit at Home Depot. It has LiIon batteries.

IskiE

Black & Decker 20V lithium+ vacuum cleaner ; doubles as 2nd. battery for house hold chores using impact driver/ drill / etc. etc.

Eureka Mighty mite. Used for floors, stairs, and yes...cars. Mine is 8 years old and still running strong. 12 amps yo!

maxresdefault.jpg

947982565b361143ce71c99e932c8ca1.png

Eureka Mighty mite. Used for floors, stairs, and yes...cars. Mine is 8 years old and still running strong. 12 amps yo!

Looks great, but there's no outlets to plug into in my condo garage. I may lump my Black and Decker handvac downstairs to do the vac'ing. I think a couple of wet wipes and a quick vac will do the cleanup job for me. For any big messes, I can use the coin-op vacuums at the car wash.

IskiE

maxresdefault.jpg

947982565b361143ce71c99e932c8ca1.png

It may not be cordless but I use this for home and car (2000W) and does a great job. Wasn't expensive to purchase either:

2agp5rl.jpg

Back