Lift gate won't open fully

sjbraun55

:
CX-5 GT
My new '17 CX-5's hatch doesn't open fully. After opening as far as it goes, there are still another 8-10 inches of travel possible. I've tried to set the height several times by pushing the hatch open all the way and holding the hatch open/close button until it beeps three times, but the next time I open the hatch, it still doesn't open all the way.
With the hatch opening as far as it does, I keep hitting my head on the hatch and I'm no giant, (6 feet tall,) so I'm thinking there might be a problem. Any thoughts?

Mine does stop a little short of all the way but it’s maybe an inch or so not 8-10. I’d agree have that looked at.

My new '17 CX-5's hatch doesn't open fully. After opening as far as it goes, there are still another 8-10 inches of travel possible. I've tried to set the height several times by pushing the hatch open all the way and holding the hatch open/close button until it beeps three times, but the next time I open the hatch, it still doesn't open all the way.
With the hatch opening as far as it does, I keep hitting my head on the hatch and I'm no giant, (6 feet tall,) so I'm thinking there might be a problem. Any thoughts?

During your reset, you also need to do the red highlighted bit below for it to work:

r1adn4.jpg

The liftgate IS ajustable, my dealer demonstrated how to adjust the opening height.
I did not take note of how he did it though as it is perfect for me now.

The liftgate IS ajustable, my dealer demonstrated how to adjust the opening height.
I did not take note of how he did it though as it is perfect for me now.

The OP says can't revert to standard height i.e reset it

Last edited:
Back