Is there a light available for this?

:
Mazda CX5 Touring with PEP
I was out working today and was following I think a Volvo CUV type vehicle. Integrated into the rear bumper were 2 brighter red lights that were not brake lights, I suspect they are the so called European rear fog lights, a bright marker light.

Is there anyone have a source for the CX5 that is a replacement for the rear low reflectors that are lights? The ones I saw were very effective in the light fog I was driving in.

Yes those will fit the bill! A follow up question...the lights that I saw, they did not change at all, did not come on off with brake application, etc. And they were steady state brighter than all the rear lights, so had it been heavy fog they would have been very bright and visible in the fog.

Just watching the video, can not tell if the white cx5 in the video had swapped out his tail light bulbs for led which made these aftermarket supplement lights appear to be just as bright as the standard equipment or not. Even if they are not as bright, I still may grab a set.

Another question, were they easy to wire up?

I was out working today and was following I think a Volvo CUV type vehicle. Integrated into the rear bumper were 2 brighter red lights that were not brake lights, I suspect they are the so called European rear fog lights, a bright marker light.

Is there anyone have a source for the CX5 that is a replacement for the rear low reflectors that are lights? The ones I saw were very effective in the light fog I was driving in.

European CX-5's have this built in.

Perhaps source some from there (uhm)

yep, those were dedicated rear fogs. Lots of upper crust cars come with them standard, the only problem being that most owenrs don't know that they have them and use their (rear) fogs on perfectly clear days/nights or during the rain.

There are plenty of "add-on" rear fogs that can be retro fitted onto any car although it will look like a square light just hanging below the bumper. A lot of guys who go overseas, have to retro fit these lights to comply with local driving laws.

the YT video looks like the top portion of that bumper light is just a marker light and not brighter than the standard marker lights. The bottom portion looks like they are tapped into the brake lights and are brighter. The top portion, if a fog, should be as bright as brake lights when on.

Those see okay, but more of a styling thing than a necessary functional thing.

How do the Euro CX-5's display their rear fogs? If could be pricey, but it would be done right.

Would you put in a Euro light switch too or just a single aux switch somewhere off to the side?

yep, those were dedicated rear fogs. Lots of upper crust cars come with them standard, the only problem being that most owenrs don't know that they have them and use their (rear) fogs on perfectly clear days/nights or during the rain.

There are plenty of "add-on" rear fogs that can be retro fitted onto any car although it will look like a square light just hanging below the bumper. A lot of guys who go overseas, have to retro fit these lights to comply with local driving laws.

the YT video looks like the top portion of that bumper light is just a marker light and not brighter than the standard marker lights. The bottom portion looks like they are tapped into the brake lights and are brighter. The top portion, if a fog, should be as bright as brake lights when on.

Those see okay, but more of a styling thing than a necessary functional thing.

How do the Euro CX-5's display their rear fogs? If could be pricey, but it would be done right.

Would you put in a Euro light switch too or just a single aux switch somewhere off to the side?
The switch is on the same stalk as the front fog lights aka factory installed

Back