17 cx5 trunk door won't open, 3 quick beeping sound, any idea?

:
Mazda, 2017 cx-5, GT
Today we have -35C here in the morning, I was able to open the trunk door first, after close it, every time I try to open it (from the button on the door/inside/remote), it just got the 3 quick beep sound the the door won't open.
Any idea what's wrong with it?

Here is what the beeping means:

001.png

Here's also an extract from the manual about the power tailgate for your reference:

002.png

003.png

004.png

005.png

006.png

007.png

008.png

I'll bet one Canadian dollar the mechanism is frozen... aren't you [frozen, that is]?(canada)

Update for this:
I brought my car to the dealer today, they unpluged the battery and re-connected it again, and it works.
Looks like a system failure for me this time.
Anyone if got this problem can try it.

Update for this:
I brought my car to the dealer today, they unpluged the battery and re-connected it again, and it works.
Looks like a system failure for me this time.
Anyone if got this problem can try it.

Sounds like a full power off reset fixed the issue

Sounds like a full power off reset fixed the issue

Or like what the other said ... having done the carwash with a temperature of -35c ... it was probably frozen until it started warming up at the dealer and the power off reset was just a gimmick to pretend the dealer did something :p

Or like what the other said ... having done the carwash with a temperature of -35c ... it was probably frozen until it started warming up at the dealer and the power off reset was just a gimmick to pretend the dealer did something :p

Or like I said earlier, use a blow dryer on the affected area(s) (lol)

The 3-beep warning. Ah yes. That is the mafia notification tone to advise the dead body in the trunk is indeed not dead.

Found this thread after experiencing the same issue: power liftgate became non-functional (had the beeps, but wouldn't open under any circumstance) on my month-old 2017 CX-5 AWD GT while braving 0F winter weather. The issue didn't resolve itself after returning to 40F+ weather. No other issues with the vehicle. Dealership was baffled, but disconnecting and reconnecting the negative lead fixed the issue.

Found this thread after experiencing the same issue: power liftgate became non-functional (had the beeps, but wouldn't open under any circumstance) on my month-old 2017 CX-5 AWD GT while braving 0F winter weather. The issue didn't resolve itself after returning to 40F+ weather. No other issues with the vehicle. Dealership was baffled, but disconnecting and reconnecting the negative lead fixed the issue.

Basically the equivalent to (wink)

ctrlaltdelete.jpg

Only 8 pages for the the rear hatch release? How are we ever gonna know how to operate this hatch? - I need more info!

Back