Is the 2017 cx5 front windshield glass polarised ?

:
CX-5 AWD, 2017
I have a problem with reflected light from oncoming cars at night. Never had this problem with the older bmw 320i since the glass on the windshield was polarised.
Sorry. Perhaps I should have said antireflex coated instead of polarised glass.

Last edited:
I have a problem with reflected light from oncoming cars at night. Never had this problem with the older bmw 320i since the glass on the windshield was polarised.
Sorry. Perhaps I should have said antireflex coated instead of polarised glass.

Theres nothing special about the glass according to the tech sheet;

Around where I live there are far to many jerks who keep their high beams on all the time which creates glare for everyone else.

I can not comment about the new 2017 windshield materials. However I do know that all new cars outgas a lot of chemicals to the interior of the car that collect on the inside windshield and windows. This film can make night driving against oncoming lights difficult. You might try spot cleaning a little spot on the interior of the windshield and see if you notice a difference.

Make sure your windshield is clean, inside and out. A cheaper solution would be buy glasses with anti-glare coating. Don’t get polarized lenses as they reduce the visibility of the HUD. I found this out and had to increase the HUD brightness to max just to see it. There are also some anti-glare/reflective products on the market for windshields but I cannot personally vouch for their effectiveness.

An additional thought; consider polishing your windshield. There are products specifically for this. If you have fine scratches etc in your glass those will aggravate any glaring at night. I might try this after a good cleaning.

Back