2017 GS vs GT

Daeyul

:
2016.5 cx-5
Seems like the dealers are trying to get rid of their GS models for cheaper because no one is buying them.
The dealer offered me 25400 for a GS without any add ons. They also offered me a GT with rear sensor and roof rail for 27000.
I am coming from a car that doesn't have any safety features, so I don't really mind not having all the bells and whistles.
But would I miss having the safety features if I go for the GS model? Is it worth saving 1500?

It's also a dilemma, because they only have white on the GT and I really wanted white.

Thoughts?

Yes. Stop thinking that what the dealer "offers" you as a price is what you have to pay. You need to come up with a price you want to pay (based on research) and offer them that!

Seems like the dealers are trying to get rid of their GS models for cheaper because no one is buying them.
The dealer offered me 25400 for a GS without any add ons. They also offered me a GT with rear sensor and roof rail for 27000.
I am coming from a car that doesn't have any safety features, so I don't really mind not having all the bells and whistles.
But would I miss having the safety features if I go for the GS model? Is it worth saving 1500?

It's also a dilemma, because they only have white on the GT and I really wanted white.

Thoughts?

I think the GT safety features and other upgrades, leather etc are worth in your case $1600 more. But then again it is your budget, but over a 60 month loan, that $1600 is about $25 per month. $27,000 is a pretty good price I just paid $26,550 for my Soul Red GT with Roof Rails, Cargo Mat, Wheel Locks, and Bumper Guard (MSRP of $31,580).

I think this is a pretty personal decision. For me, the extra safety features in the GT (plus other comfort features) would be worth it. I am coming from a 2010 Mazda 3 sedan without all those features into a 2018 CX-5 GT, and the safety features are one of things I am most excited about. Are they necessary? Nope. But my line of work - and where I drive - perhaps make me a little more sensitive to their benefits. I am okay with having a car that sometimes might show off it is smarter than me or the people around me ;)

It depends on your budget, but an extra $1500 (plus tax/interest) over course of say a five year financing is pretty acceptable, and since safety features are where vehicles are heading I think it will help keep the car a little more marketable if you decide to sell it either before or after that five years, etc.

Latest posts

Back