2017 Cx-5 and Lexus NX.

:
2017 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD
Had the opportunity today to take a few pictures after parking next to an NX.

Just comparing by appearance, the CX5 is cleaner. The designers knew when to put down the pen.

Styling aside, I cross- stopped the NX before buying my CX5. Sure, the NX has more power and a better warranty, but a base model NX was about the same price as my completely loaded AWD CX5.
2c7e4ec5bbe284abaef92d161e4fefe5.jpg
faa67284354ec6c8a107d6d3abf78a10.jpg

The NX has been designed by somewhere who was obsessed with a ruler

I too was parked next to a white nx today and my aunt almost got into the wrong car. NX is nice but the cx5 is still be best bang for the buck. If I go lexus I will be going rx.

I too was parked next to a white nx today and my aunt almost got into the wrong car. NX is nice but the cx5 is still be best bang for the buck. If I go lexus I will be going rx.

Yes they are good vehicles but Lexus styling is hideous IMHO

Wow, what a coincidence, I have been waiting for the 2018 white colour and a good friend has the exact white NX. I was wondering of what it would look like when they are park side by side since he just got his 2 weeks ago. I told him to get cx 5 but he said he like the NX more. I can't wait when it is out so I can tease him. Thanks for this picture. Looks like CX5 still stands out.

Yes, design style I think the NX and most of the Lexus models have too many sharp lines and looks too busy. Very futuristic boy-racer transformer like look to them whereas Mazda's have smoother flowing lines with more elegance, something which I thought a luxury car maker like Lexus should be. ie. classy and elegant. It's the Mazda that looks more classy and refined inside out IMO.

The thing is Toyota is now moving towards this sort of design for their white goods appliances

I like the NX's rear spoiler more than the (17) CX-5's. The 17 CX-5 does look better, cleaner, then the NX, but I also find the straight lines of the '17 CX-5 to be less appealing than the moving curved lines of the GEN1 '12-'16 body style. To me, I see lots of straight flat door above the rocker panel. A little more curve would have done wonders; however, the NX has too much curving and sculpting going on along the side.

The front end, nose, of the NC is that only a mother (Toyota) could love. I get the idea for aero and cutting through the wind, but the pointy spindle grill does not translate well into their CUV/SUV line...and their upcoming 3-row RX looks hideous from the front/3/4 front view.

Anyone know how the NX drives compared to the CX-5? Better? Worse? More numb? Quieter? More Floaty?

I like the profile of the Lexus very much. The front grill makes me gag.

Here's an even worse one - LX570:

Yes I saw that just recently again. Seriously it makes you turn your head away if you happen to lay your eyes on it! lol. It just looks like a Toyota Land Cruiser, Prado with the Lexus corporate front end tacked on to it.

Yes I saw that just recently again. Seriously it makes you turn your head away if you happen to lay your eyes on it! lol. It just looks like a Toyota Land Cruiser, Prado with the Lexus corporate front end tacked on to it.

The designers need to let go of their set squares, compass and ruler (lol)

I personally love the styling of the NX. The only thing I don't like about it is the 'beak' in the interior dash and the lack of CarPlay/AA. Otherwise its a nice vehicle that will provide years of service without issues.

I personally love the styling of the NX. The only thing I don't like about it is the 'beak' in the interior dash and the lack of CarPlay/AA.
Why am I not surprised you love the styling of the NX? Your taste in cars is all in your a$$.
And why did you mention the lack of Carplay/AA as though it were merely a nuisance in the Lexus?
With the Mazda not having CarPlay/AA, it's is a third world problem, according to you, but in a Lexus, it's just an oversight. Biased much?
BTW, you never answered my question: Are you a member on all Toyota/Lexus forums, slamming them for not having CarPlay/AA every chance you get? Didn't think so.
Secondly, save me some time and tell everyone here how many posts you've made on your own CR-V forum compared to this Mazda forum.
FYI, for those new members who don't know you, at last count, you have made over twice as many posts here, all of them slamming Mazda, than you have on your own Honda love fest forum.
That says everything anyone would ever need to know about you.
Absolutely pathetic.

Latest posts

Back