A few recalls posted yesterday...

Kedis82ZE8

'15 CX-5 AWD GT w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
http://thenewswheel.com/mazda-announces-small-recalls-for-cx-5-and-mazda3/

"The first, more numerous recall affects some 1,076 of the brand’s top-seller 2017 CX-5, although only those with a genuine Mazda accessory trailer hitch harness installed. In these few crossovers, the wires for the harness are routed in an “inappropriate” manner so that there isn’t quite enough space between the wires and the CX-5’s main exhaust silencer. Over time, if those two rub together, the wires could degrade and short-circuit, so any trailer connected to the harness would lost its tail lamps and turn signals. Mazda reports no injuries from this recall."

"The second recall is a little more serious, although only affects 144 vehicles, all of them 2018 Mazda3 models. In the affected vehicles, there is an “incorrect” exhaust valve spring installed in the cylinder head, which over time could cause weird noises, increased engine vibration, and warning lights to turn on—if left alone long enough, the spring could break and stall the engine in a way that prevents it from restarting. Like with the above recall, Mazda has no reports of injuries, but here has added that there have also been no reports of loss of control or accidents.

If you want to see if your new Mazda is one of those affected, use the VIN number on either the NHTSA website or Mazda’s own recall-resource site to check for open recalls on your vehicle."

I guess this explains why I have been waiting forever for the trailer harness and hitch to be available at my dealership... They said it's stuck in QA.... I need it from them because they said any other one would void my warrenty if it's not oem and installed by Mazda certified tech...

I guess this explains why I have been waiting forever for the trailer harness and hitch to be available at my dealership... They said it's stuck in QA.... I need it from them because they said any other one would void my warrenty if it's not oem and installed by Mazda certified tech...

I would call Mazda and ask. I think that is BS from the dealer. Obviously Mazda won't warranty the tow hitch sold by some third party, but I can't see a tow hitch voiding an engine warranty. Total bunk.

I would call Mazda and ask. I think that is BS from the dealer. Obviously Mazda won't warranty the tow hitch sold by some third party, but I can't see a tow hitch voiding an engine warranty. Total bunk.

Yup.

they said it would void my bumper to bumper with the electrical system if I got one installed at U-Haul because they didn't install it. I don't wana take any chances sounds like there just looking for ways out later on if something happens and needs warranty work. Kind of disappointing, I can wait till the summer I guess, anyone know of a harness that is like a t-connection for a 2017 mazda cx-5 touring? I just get weird when it comes to this stuff because I know the led lights sometimes get weird when you tap into them or replace them.

they said it would void my bumper to bumper with the electrical system if I got one installed at U-Haul because they didn't install it. I don't wana take any chances sounds like there just looking for ways out later on if something happens and needs warranty work. Kind of disappointing, I can wait till the summer I guess, anyone know of a harness that is like a t-connection for a 2017 mazda cx-5 touring? I just get weird when it comes to this stuff because I know the led lights sometimes get weird when you tap into them or replace them.

They may do it, but it doesn't make it legal. You're probably wise to not take the chance to have a potential fight about it.

Back