2014 CX-5 Touring "Keyless System Inspection Required" Warning Message

dreadcx5

:
2014 CX-5 Touring
Hi folks,

I just recently bought a 2014 CX-5 Touring through CARMAX and have been loving the car. It runs great! However, I've been having trouble with a "Keyless System Inspection Required" warning message that stays on as soon as I push the brake in to start the car. The warning stays on at all times, and its driving me nuts! The car starts and runs with NO problems, but this warning is constant.
I've already tried unplugging the battery, replacing batteries in both keyfobs, and also noticed there was a Karr Alarm installed. I completely removed the alarm, thinking that it could be the culprit since it gets spliced into the ignition line - no luck.

I've run out of ideas - any help?

Hi folks,

I just recently bought a 2014 CX-5 Touring through CARMAX and have been loving the car. It runs great! However, I've been having trouble with a "Keyless System Inspection Required" warning message that stays on as soon as I push the brake in to start the car. The warning stays on at all times, and its driving me nuts! The car starts and runs with NO problems, but this warning is constant.
I've already tried unplugging the battery, replacing batteries in both keyfobs, and also noticed there was a Karr Alarm installed. I completely removed the alarm, thinking that it could be the culprit since it gets spliced into the ignition line - no luck.

If I am not mistaken, CARMAX offers warranty.. 10 days?

They have a 30 day warranty that will cover "wear and tear" on a lot of things. I haven't contacted them yet to see what they can do - I wanted to see if I could fix the issue myself before taking it in.

I'm fully in the camp of "fix it myself", if possible. But this is a major vehicle system, and if there are components going bad that quickly, I'd take it right back to them and have them correct it before taking possession of it again. I learned this the hard way.

When I was in my 20's I bought a used VW Jetta from a dealership (yes a VW dealership). The check engine light came on a day after I bought it. I took it back to the dealer and they said "don't worry about it" it goes off and on all the time. Well, turns out that after getting the car to a certified shop that wasn't associated with the dealership, I found out that the component that needed replacing was $5k...about as much as I paid for the car. Oh and by the way it was supposedly illegal to sell the car with that light on, but of course, my dealer argued that it came on after I left their lot so tough luck. Anyway, I ended up donating it to charity for a $500 tax write off, then had to turn around and buy another car. Don't let it go, a prudent dealer should not sell you a car with a major system problem.

Any joy yet?

Hi folks,

Hi there,

Just curious to see if you've made any progress with your keyless entry issues? I'm having the same problem..."Keyless entry system required" message but the car is working absolutely fine...! So frustrating.

With best wishes,
Jane

Back