Multiple Beeps When Opening Drivers Door (Advanced Keyless Entry)

wushane

:
2017 CX-5 GT
I'm new to the CX-5, and certainly new to Advanced Keyless Entry, but when I'm opening the door (using AKE - pressing the request button to open with the key fob in my pocket) I am hearing several beeps (maybe a couple dozen or so) until I start the engine. It seems like an alarm or something. Anyone know what this is?

Open and firmly re-close all the doors, including hatch

Open and firmly re-close all the doors, including hatch

This happens when the doors have been securely shut and locked.
I press the button on the door handle, it beeps once and the doors unlock, when I open the door there is a rapid succession of 9 beeps (almost like an alarm). I can't find anything in the manual about it. It seems like some sort of warning. Either way, it's really annoying and I can't figure out what's going on.

This happens when the doors have been securely shut and locked.
I press the button on the door handle, it beeps once and the doors unlock, when I open the door there is a rapid succession of 9 beeps (almost like an alarm). I can't find anything in the manual about it. It seems like some sort of warning. Either way, it's really annoying and I can't figure out what's going on.

Take it to the dealer to get checked out... that isn't normal.

See if you have another fob in the car when you lock it with yours.

I'd put my money on this. Ours reacts similarly when there is more than one keyfob in range.

If you have another fob in the car when you lock it (using the inside lock button on the driver's door) the car will beep at you multiple times and all the door will unlock. If you do the same thing using the door handle button with all the door closed, you get the multiple beeps but the doors remain locked.

The OP is talking about UNLOCKING the door, which is very different.

Could you be accidentally pressing the button again? Or holding the button down? If you have a door open and press the button the car will beep multiple times in succession because it thinks youre trying to lock the door with it open.

Could you be accidentally pressing the button again? Or holding the button down? If you have a door open and press the button the car will beep multiple times in succession because it thinks you’re trying to lock the door with it open.

I think this was the problem. I was pressing the button either too many times, or too long and I think it confused the system. It has stopped since.

Thanks!

this warning happens if you leave your key in the car. forget to put the car into park before shutting off, little things like that.

if everything seems to check out and you are still getting this warning, something is wrong.

It happened to me yesterday. Turns out one of the rear doors was just so slightly opened. Easily missed on the walkaround. Closing it fully settled the matter.

Back