Buying used 2016.5 CX-5 - how to tell if car has i-ActiveSense package?

mochidust

:
Mazda CX-5
Hey guys - I've been shopping around for a 2016.5 pre-owned CX-5 and have been asking lots of questions of dealers. Thing is, most don't have the original window sticker or even know what the i-Activesense package is. Quite frustrating.

Is there a way to visually tell from pictures or video if the cars have the i-Activesense package on it?

Hey guys - I've been shopping around for a 2016.5 pre-owned CX-5 and have been asking lots of questions of dealers. Thing is, most don't have the original window sticker or even know what the i-Activesense package is. Quite frustrating.

Is there a way to visually tell from pictures or video if the cars have the i-Activesense package on it?
With i-ActivSense Package the Mazda emblem on front grille looks different and is larger.

Since it's a used CX-5, some of the dealers I'm talking to aren't Mazda dealers, so despite my asking, they weren't able to look it up :(

@yrwei52: can you clarify on how the mazda emblem looks different?

It will not be 3-D. It will be inside a glossy black oval. Sort of how things look inside a resin cast. It looks this way so they can add the radar behind the emblem on the grill.

Where are you located. There's a new 16.5 at my preferred dealer with the I-active package,and you can get a used car price on it...

Got it - so just to confirm the 2016 emblems with i-Activesense will have the "glossy black/resin cast" look to it?

@nelsonlewis, I'm in the bay area. I'm very picky with the colors though and am only considering white/blue/gray exterior with white interior. Can you PM the one you're talking about? So far the depreciation off the 2016.5 hasn't been very strong but unfortunately I need another car in the next couple weeks..

I've pulled some pics of the cars in question - do you guys know which of these (if any), has iActive?

15761609782x640.jpg

15761609800x640.jpg

<br>
<br>
<br>
cx5.jpg

cx5_3.jpg

<br>
<br>
<br>
cx5_2.jpg

Isn't there a spec sheet on the window that lists if i-Activsense features included?

The pre-owned ones don't have the original window sticker anymore :/

OK here is the list from their brochure:

i-ACTIVSENSE Package includes Mazda Radar Cruise Control with Close Proximity Warning, Distance Recognition Support System,
Smart Brake Support with Collision Warning, Lane Departure Warning System and High Beam Control(requires Technology Package
)

Looking at the pictures, it seems that the vehicle has radar cruise control as the badge is the one used for this. If you can get inside the cabin, check the car settings in Mazda connect touch screen for smart city brake support

Also look at the brochure below and see if you can see the relevant i-Activsense symbols as buttons inside:

2016.5 Mazda CX-5 brochure

Last edited:
I like how he blanks out the dealer plates. LMAO. Dude, it's OK if we know what dealers you are at. We aren't going to stalk you. Or poach your purchase.

OK here is the list from their brochure:

i-ACTIVSENSE Package includes Mazda Radar Cruise Control with Close Proximity Warning, Distance Recognition Support System,
Smart Brake Support with Collision Warning, Lane Departure Warning System and High Beam Control(requires Technology Package
)

Looking at the pictures, it seems that the vehicle has radar cruise control as the badge is the one used for this. If you can get inside the cabin, check the car settings in Mazda connect touch screen for smart city brake support

Also look at the brochure below and see if you can see the relevant i-Activsense symbols as buttons inside:

2016.5 Mazda CX-5 brochure
No, for 2016(.5) CX-5 in the US, SCBS comes with GT Tech Package which can be without i-ActivSense Package.

The Mazda logo has a clear plastic lens over it. Therefore it has the I-ActiveSense package.
Yeah among 3 vehicles OP listed, the first two seem to be GT with i-ActivSense Package; the third one is questionable.

Thanks guys. If I'm not mistaken, I believe Lane Departure Warning is only included with i-ActivSense package? If so, is the below icon the definitive way to tell?

cx5_4.jpg

Back