Leather protection, Paint protection & Car starter

Dominator

:
2017 Mazda CX-5 GT
As mentioned in my very first post, my new 2017 CX-5 GT will be delivered Monday next week. I can't wait to sit on it!!!! I need your advices:

1. Should I get a leather protection job, my dealer charges me $300 CAD + tax. Do you have recommendations?
2. I've read posts for the paint protection, dealer charges $400 CAD + tax. Does anyone know where I can get it installed in Montreal, Canada? I am not a handy person but if the application is easy, I might do it myself.
3. After reading many posts about car starters, it seems that the brand Fortin EVO-ONE + EVO-Start (Smartphone APP). A garage quoted me $480 CAD tax inc. and labor included, is that a good deal? Does it void my warranty in any ways?

Thanks everyone!

As mentioned in my very first post, my new 2017 CX-5 GT will be delivered Monday next week. I can't wait to sit on it!!!! I need your advices:

1. Should I get a leather protection job, my dealer charges me $300 CAD + tax. Do you have recommendations?
2. I've read posts for the paint protection, dealer charges $400 CAD + tax. Does anyone know where I can get it installed in Montreal, Canada? I am not a handy person but if the application is easy, I might do it myself.
3. After reading many posts about car starters, it seems that the brand Fortin EVO-ONE + EVO-Start (Smartphone APP). A garage quoted me $480 CAD tax inc. and labor included, is that a good deal? Does it void my warranty in any ways?

Thanks everyone!
#3 Decent deal. Does not void warranty.

Skip the first 2. #2 may not be a bad deal considering the steps and products they use,but I wouldn't trust it. #1 is a complete ripoff,it doesn't matter what product they use,steer clear...

Skip the first 2. #2 may not be a bad deal considering the steps and products they use,but I wouldn't trust it. #1 is a complete ripoff,it doesn't matter what product they use,steer clear...

Thanks! I will most likely install it next week and keep everyone posted about it. I heard it's way better than the Mazda mobile start ripoff. For 1, it does not have yearly fees. 2. It doesn't have tons of pins to enter. 3. It doesn't shut-off the engine when you open the door and finally last but not least 4. It is half the price!!!

*Quick question: Is it true that you can program memory seats into your key fob. I.e. When you open the door with the 1st key, it will trigger the memory seat 1. Then, with the 2nd key, it will trigger the memory seat 2. I found this but not sure if it applies on the 2017 cx-5: http://owners-manual.mazda.com/gen/en/cx-5/cx-5_8ft1ee17b/contents/03010200.html

Thanks again !!!!

I wouldn't do the first two. Get a good leather cleaner and conditioner and keep up with the leather surfaces.

The paint protection can be applied by a detailer or by you after a proper was, clay and polish of the paint. Lots of different options out there.

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/exterior/coatings/adam-s-ceramic-paint-coating-kit.html is what i'll be coating my paint with in the spring. Until then it's currently waxed with Meguiars ultimate synthetic wax.

Back