Will Mazda release AA and carplay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope , nothing new, Still nothing,

Has been a promise since 2014,

must not be a difficult thing, even if you hacked the system you can put AA.
In China I think they have a different system, but why they don't just put that system to NA's cars.

must not be a difficult thing, even if you hacked the system you can put AA.
In China I think they have a different system, but why they just put that system to NA's cars.

hacking not possible with recent info systems. Not sure if 16s or older can still be hacked.

When I bought mine a month or so ago, the dealership said the planned rollout in Canada was for 2019/2020, and would be a free update upon release. Not sure how much truth there is to that, but that's the story I got.

CarPlay at least requires a hardware change. Apple needs an authentication chip to make it work. Probably a new infotainment system in the works - the other was first released ~2014 in the Mazda 3.

I've been following a Reddit thread with what appeared to be a corporate employee, and he mentioned that the 2018 launch cycles will not have any vehicles with AC or AA (including the CX-5-d). He did mention that the current infotainment has been validated and will be capable of supporting its functionality. Unfortunately, no firm commitment dates

I've been following a Reddit thread with what appeared to be a corporate employee, and he mentioned that the 2018 launch cycles will not have any vehicles with AC or AA (including the CX-5-d). He did mention that the current infotainment has been validated and will be capable of supporting its functionality. Unfortunately, no firm commitment dates

don't know why it's so hard for Mazda to get this.

Having recently read a test report of the new BMW X-3, it was mentioned that the X3 does not have AA either.

Having recently read a test report of the new BMW X-3, it was mentioned that the X3 does not have AA either.

The thing is Mazda became official partner with AA and AC since 2014, and in March this year they said the AA and AC will come soon for all cars with mazda connect.

The only major car producers with no AA/AC models are Mazda and Toyota. Funny how some say they don't have AA/AC because these programs collect driving info and sent it back to Google/Apple. Yeah, and no one else cares except Mazda and Toyota.

The only major car producers with no AA/AC models are Mazda and Toyota. Funny how some say they don't have AA/AC because these programs collect driving info and sent it back to Google/Apple. Yeah, and no one else cares except Mazda and Toyota.

What I have read is Toyota is considering the privacy collect things, but Mazda is official partner with AA/AC, so different stories.
Now Toyota and Mazda got partnership and are building new system, so some people think AA/AC will never come to Mazda.

I just use Toyota's Entune in our 4runner. My phone is coupled with the car and I can listen to any songs I have on my phone (Samsung S7, and my wife has an iphone, they both work) or Pandora, iHeart, or whatever.

I've never tried to look at pics from my camera on the car's info screen though.

Here's another thing to think about..
Sandy Lobenstein, vice president of connected strategy for Toyota Motor North America:
"The center stack, where the radio is, you can see that from the two front seats and the three back seats and sometimes if you're in an SUV, from the third row. That's prime real estate for OEMs to communicate their brand image."

In other words, they want a big Toyota logo up there, not Android or Apple.

From here:
http://www.autonews.com/article/20170227/OEM06/302279971/can-toyota-stave-off-carplay-android-auto?

Fuck_Mazda.jpg

The thing is Mazda became official partner with AA and AC since 2014, and in March this year they said the AA and AC will come soon for all cars with mazda connect.

Mazda never said AA and AC will come soon. Some writer from cars.com said Mazda said that during the announcement of the 2017 CX-5, but for some reason, he's the only one that heard AA and AC were coming. Many have pressed the writer to clarify his statements, and he's never responded. Most Android Auto rumors are based on this single article and shady sales people. Google has Mazda listed as "coming soon" for android auto, but again, that's not coming from Mazda. Don't believe anything you hear, unless it's confirmed by Mazda.

https://www.cars.com/articles/mazda-to-add-android-auto-apple-carplay-capability-1420694439589/

Why do people keep making these threads over and over again? Are they not able to use the search function(lol2).

Might be a good idea for someone to create a stricky thread/FAQ thread so this doesn't come up every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back