Can you put GT headlamps into a touring 2017

Fay177

:
2017 CX-5
Anyone know if I can put the 2017 gt headlights and taillights in my touring? And would a dealer be able to do it?

I'm sure you could but at $1,200 EACH it's going to be hella expensive.

The entire thing is one piece. Self contained. The drl and headlight aren't separate. So it's expensive to make. As such, no one but Mazda sells them. So you can't price them out anywhere. You're at the mercy of dealer pricing.
Look at the bright side...if mine fail in 5 years, it's going to cost me $1,300 at least.
The bright spot is the rears. There's a big aftermarket for the previous gen replacement led lights. Hopefully the new gen will see something similar.

However, just tonight I was out driving and I'm still amazed how freaking bright these things are. I was thinking how happy I was a I have them. And they turn with the steering wheel? Love my led headlights! Sorry. :(

Haha lucky you, mine are super bright too and don't look too bad, maybe I'll wait a year or so or buy some off of ebay.

Your headlights are already LED low beams, just doesn't have the LED accent and the LED tails. If I were you and want to upgrade, just do the tails.
I've mentioned on another post before, but I always tend to get my cars fully loaded so I don't regret it later on. The money you're spending to get the parts will almost be worth just upgrading trim level :/

There is one member here who ordered halo leds from Japan and hooked them up. Mind you, they already had the GT but didn't like the fact that the whole front lights(halo led & led headlights) would be on for DRLs.

So you can get the halo DRL's for the front to work in conjunction with your current led headlights and then also separately buy tail lamp leds. FYI rear parkers, brake lights and reversing lights are led but turn signals are halogen.

AFS : Adaptive Front Lighting System.
They only move 15 degrees so it's not super noticeable. But when it's dark you can see it if you look for it.

Last edited:
I have also heard of this feature however I haven't noticed it in my CX-5. Do you know what feature is this called?
Its called Adaptive Front-lighting System - AFS in the US. But you might have much more advanced Adaptive LED Headlights - ALH which is not available here in the US.

Anyone know if I can put the 2017 gt headlights and taillights in my touring? And would a dealer be able to do it?
You cant not because they're so expensive, but they need AFS sensors attached to your steering system which you dont have in Touring. Taillights are much easier to update only for much higher price until some aftermarket parts become available.

How much are the tail lights? Anyone know? Also does swapping things out like this affect my warranty?

It’s called Adaptive Front-lighting System - AFS in the US. But you might have much more advanced Adaptive LED Headlights - ALH which is not available here in the US.
Thanks. I have checked my brochure [emoji1].

It has. Correct me I'm wrong, it works only on auto mode right?

Last edited:
Look for a rear ended GT and Recycle the head lights onto your CX 5
Those GT LED headlights with Signature LED DRLs come with AFS, you also need all sensors attached to steering system and wiring harness if you can find them.

Back