Any experience with Ebay side steps?

SndChsr

:
2017 CX-5 GT
Hey Folks,
I'm trying to find some side steps/running boards for my '17 GT. I could go with Romik or similar brands but truth be told, none of their designs really speak to me.

I have found the following model on ebay that really caught my attention but I do have some reservations getting parts on Ebay, which are made in and come from China.

Has anyone here purchased side steps from ebay sellers? If so, how was the quality, fit and finish?
I'm thinking about these ones. The design is different from your typical running board and I like that. Just not sure how much quality or headaches $388 will get me.

Any opinion/advice is greatly appreciated.

Personally I see to reason or purpose for our CX-5. However, if it looks good for you then why not. Sometimes we buy things not just for it's functionality but for looks and bragging rights. [emoji4]

I think the eBay item you posted is made in Taiwan.

Personally I see to reason or purpose for our CX-5. However, if it looks good for you then why not. Sometimes we buy things not just for it's functionality but for looks and bragging rights. [emoji4]

I think the eBay item you posted is made in Taiwan.

LOL, I totally agree. I'm still in good enough shape where I can walk without a cane and I can get into the car without an additional step. This would be purely for looks. The way I look at side steps is kind of like a functional ground effect / body kit. It gives the car a sporty look.

These are indeed made in Taiwan and that's my concern. The quality of materials used and the overall manufacturing quality. I'm looking for a good fit without having to drill additional or enlarge existing holes because the fitment is substandard.

Those do look good but if I were buying I'd want real ones that support weight.

Back