Diamond Kote Undercoating 50% road noise reduction?

burger35

Contributor
:
Mazda CX-5 Gx 2016.5
hey,

I live in Canada , Where in winter they use road salt,

Wanted to get it undercoated, regular undercoating is about 120$cdn

and Diamond Kote Undercoating is 299$cdn , and claim it will reduce 50% road noise and only has to be applied once and good for 15 years.

anyone every use the Diamond Kote undercoating?

50% road noise reduction seems like BS to me,

so figured id ask for opinions

You can take one for our Canadian brothers. Get it and buy a high grade sound meter.
Report back.

07 07 07

Can the undercoating products be applied to all of the "felt/fabric" panels that are on the underside? Or are you removing the sound/shield panels from the underside, spraying the undercoating, and then re-installing all of the sound/shield panels?

Can the undercoating products be applied to all of the "felt/fabric" panels that are on the underside? Or are you removing the sound/shield panels from the underside, spraying the undercoating, and then re-installing all of the sound/shield panels?
I think it should be removed. The the undercoat helps add mass to the part (particularly metal) it will adhere to.

hey,

I live in Canada , Where in winter they use road salt,

Wanted to get it undercoated, regular undercoating is about 120$cdn

and Diamond Kote Undercoating is 299$cdn , and claim it will reduce 50% road noise and only has to be applied once and good for 15 years.

anyone every use the Diamond Kote undercoating?

50% road noise reduction seems like BS to me,

so figured id ask for opinions

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY - it's a dealership upsell / scam. You will NOT notice any difference in sound at all. I've had Diamond Kote paint protection applied to my vehicle a couple of years ago. Total rubbish and it wasn't even on the paint about eight to ten months later. The 'undercoating' is total B.S and do not fall for it - I did not notice any sound proof / less cabin noise.

Go to reputable rust proofing place like 'Krown' and get it done yearly.

I think it's probably one of those "up to 50%" claims. I'm rather sceptical about it reaching a further level on an already quiet car.

Don't waste your money, I've tried everything under the sun for undercoating on my Tahoe. Applying, testing, and then removing whatever had been applied. Ended up with about 50lbs of MLV sandwiched between closed-cell foam and the carpet on the floor. That's besides the MLV in doors and body panels. That gave me quite a bang on my buck in terms of sound proofing. For rust protection I used Fluid Film and Crown on underbody and inside the frame. That's what I used on my wife's CX-5, although without any sound proofing, as she likes the sound as is...
Free labor at my shop helps immensely with experimentation.

Back