Replacement for leather seat bottom?

NumeroHuevo

:
Mazda cx-5 GT AWD
A buddy's vape leaked onto the parchment leather passenger seat bottom, and did a number on the leather. Anyone know where I can get a replacement or find a part number? I'm sure it's pricy.

This is a 2016.5 GT.

car-part.com for a used one...

any Mazda dealer for a new one...

I believe most vape juices use glycol...?

There isn't a separate cover listed at the moment and you don't want to know how much a seat is. I would go to a good upholsterer.

Vape juice? Ugh. Ex-friend am I right? (lol2)

But agreed, just take it to a good quality detailer that can clean it.

We put one of those plug in air fresheners in the window bottom. It fell over and stripped the paint off. Put the nicotine addiction device in the bin along with the casket nails and there will be no chemical or cigarette burns. I might have the centre panels on my stone leather seats done in black alcantara. This guy has the seat out and the covers off in about five minutes - no kidding.

IMG_3684.jpg

You could wait. The parts catalogue website is now showing that seat parts will be made available. How much they will cost is another matter.

As for seat parts, I just had both front seats changed out in our '14. Mind you they were cloth, but all parts were listed on the work order as individual. One cushion and all cloth. Not sure on cost since warranty paid for it.

As for seat parts, I just had both front seats changed out in our '14. Mind you they were cloth, but all parts were listed on the work order as individual. One cushion and all cloth. Not sure on cost since warranty paid for it.
What could possibly go wrong on both front seats that would justify replacement under warranty???

Hah, I knew somebody would ask that. Both were frayed badly. The fabric was all fuzzy and looked like crap. The side bottom cushion on the drivers side, where you slip in/out of the vehicle had pretty much gone to soft mush. To clarify, this is the wife's car and she is not a big women. No kids in car, no pets, just general wear. That is after 3 years and 50,000 kms. Pretty sad quality if you ask me.

Hah, I knew somebody would ask that. Both were frayed badly. The fabric was all fuzzy and looked like crap. The side bottom cushion on the drivers side, where you slip in/out of the vehicle had pretty much gone to soft mush. To clarify, this is the wife's car and she is not a big women. No kids in car, no pets, just general wear. That is after 3 years and 50,000 kms. Pretty sad quality if you ask me.
So here's a question for you to ponder. I have a 2013 Touring (equivalent to your GS) with 37xxx miles (approx. 60,000 kms), admit to being somewhat overweight and have no such complaints about the seat (and I am only speaking about the driver seat here as the passenger seat doesn't get used much and is like new) in my CX-5. Don't get me wrong; there is some wear on the outer/lower bolster. But nothing like what you're describing here. Furthermore, in the four+ years I've been on this forum and one other, I've never heard your complaint voiced before. So how would you account for that?(uhm)

Furthermore, in the four+ years I've been on this forum and one other, I've never heard your complaint voiced before. So how would you account for that?(uhm)

Fair question...........I don't come on here and complain every time something was wrong with the car. If that was the case, my post count would be double what I have now. About a year ago, there was another thread about the same issue but I never could get an answer from the OP. I've been fighting with Mazda for the last year on the seat issue, and posting about that on here wasn't going to help any.
The mileage I posted is when it was finally done (about a month ago). Along with that, there have been nothing but small problems with our CX5. I should gather all my docs and start a new thread on review of 2014. In all fairness, it is the wife's car and she likes it. As long as it starts and drives good, she doesn't care. Otherwise it would have been long gone.

Back