2017 cx5 Bluetooth issues after AIO

Gdobbs87

:
CX-5
I used the AIO mod yesterday to get rid if a few things like warnings and now whenever I try to use the Bluetooth to call it immediately disconnects. Does anyone know how to fix this or how to return back to factory settings? I seem to be having more issues now than before I did any modifications.

Well, the cool thing about it is that it's reversible. Easily. So try that first, make sure it fixes it. What exactly did you enable?

I tried to enable WiFi and enable Android auto but it doesn't seem to CX-5 has WiFi and then I got rid of the disclaimer and enable touch screen while moving. I'm new to all this so I'm trying to figure out how to reverse it but I'm having trouble

So after setting everything back to uninstall the mods the Bluetooth works fine. I wonder what feature was that caused the issue. Cuz I would like to have the touch screen while moving and stuff like that.

So after setting everything back to uninstall the mods the Bluetooth works fine. I wonder what feature was that caused the issue. Cuz I would like to have the touch screen while moving and stuff like that.

The touchscreen on the 2017's are so high up. Why would you want to enable the touchscreen while driving? Seems like an accident waiting to happen.

The touchscreen on the 2017's are so high up. Why would you want to enable the touchscreen while driving? Seems like an accident waiting to happen.

I think it's a case of it's there if you want it.

I, like others, don't care for being locked out of stuff. Hell, my 2014 has a lower touchscreen, no commander knob, and locks out certain functions while driving. It's stupid and arbitrary.

I actually forget it's touchscreen most of the time but I thought maybe that was the setting that unlocks some of the other menu options that go gray when moving.

Ugh... no offense, man but if you are going to do this you really need to READ EVERYTHING. The thing that broke your BT was Android Auto. That is clearly documented everywhere. "Installed a few things like Warnings"... no Android Auto is not a 'few things'. Try it again WITH OUT AA. Everything else works well. There's another step to enabling WiFi but I don't recommend that one either.
Removing Touch also lets you read your Text Messages while moving and eanbles all touch, you were right about that. Can even spin your radio dial. :D.

Pagin_DrBurgos: there are a lot of reasons. The very least of which is the fact that very few cars lock you out of your touchscreen while driving. This alone drives me nuts. So, we have to assume if everyone can touch their screens they are going to crash? Come on. Don't nanny me, Mazda (raises fist to the sky). I am responsible enough not to kill myself when using a touch screen. And why should my passenger be locked out?
The disclaimer drives me nuts, too. I will have this car for at least 5 years. Must I see that thing every single time I start the car?

At the very least, read the FAQ:
https://mazdatweaks.com/faq/

Why are there 2 versions of Android Auto?
Android Auto is an ongoing development by many developers all around the world. At a certain point in its development the code was refactored to allow a better connection between the phone and the CMU, as a result a bug emerged that would drop every incoming call so a fix was developed to reroute phone calls back to the phone, this is now the less severe ‘Bluetooth-call bug’ that exists in AA ver.1.02.
Before this point calls could be made with the native Mazda Bluetooth calling interface and once a call was connected AA would display the connected call (and often freeze), so the Android Auto calling interface was never in a fully working state. AA v0.99 is the last version that AIO offered that allowed for calls to be made with the Mazda Bluetooth calling interface.
Although AA v1.02 contains the ‘Bluetooth-call bug’ it is overall much more stable than AA v0.99. In fact many bugs and issues were resolved more easily mostly due to the change that led to the bug being introduced in the first place. Developers are continuing to work on fixing the bug and ask that users don’t report issues and bugs from v0.99 as they have already been addressed.
Also, before giving up on connecting AA v0.99 try 3 or 4 times because it takes an average or 3 tries to get it started.
AA v1.02 will automatically start with no problem when a compatible phone with the Android Auto app installed is plugged in.

Last edited:
I thought the tweaks couldn't be used with the 2017 car, have things now changed?

They can if your 17 has the older Firmware. The firmware was released AFTER the 17 so there are a lot of 17's out there that it will work on. Probably many on dealer lots still too. IME they don't update the FW for you.

They can if your 17 has the older Firmware. The firmware was released AFTER the 17 so there are a lot of 17's out there that it will work on. Probably many on dealer lots still too. IME they don't update the FW for you.

Dealer just updated mine during a service visit without me asking so I lost the AIO mods. I really just wanted the speedometer for logging travel times for my work. I cant believe Mazda doesn't have a 'time lapse' counter available

"So, we have to assume if everyone can touch their screens they are going to crash?"

Not everyone every time but it's a fact that messing with anything other than doing what you should be doing is much more likely to cause a crash - even those who think they're immune. The beauty of a command knob is that most functions can be learned and in any case, entering an address requires the car to be stopped. There are 1000s of people who's lives have been devastated by smart arses who think it's ok to fart around with phones and screens or anything else that takes their mind off controlling a ton of high speed killing machine.

Yet Chrysler, Honda, Toyota and Chevy continue to allow this.
Hey, I'm The biggest fan of the Commander knob...but I've also been driving for 30 years and working an indash stereo. I've never been in an accident because of it. Because some people are morons, we should all be penalized? Disagree.

Last edited:
Yes the early cx-5 screen could be used while travelling, not read of any reports of accidents due to this.

I have the tweak on my mzd system to enable the screen but you can't actually do everything on the screen, so the knob has to be used too.
So I don't really bother trying to use the screen anymore.

It would be safer to install a voice command system that actually works, such as google on my smart phone which is totally brilliant. I find fiddling with a knob while driving very distracting. one hand off the controls.

Well here's the thing, nobody ever has a problem fiddling with anything they shouldn't be until the day they get it all wrong and then they're all full of regret about the varying levels of devastation they've caused. My best mate is a fireman and I have to put up with him when he's been out cutting people out of cars and trucks. They all thought they had two brains at the time they started to mess. It's bad enough here but it's frightening in the USA where it seems every other driver is busy yaking or visibly texting.

It's a blatant disregard for others as far as I'm concerned and I applaud Mazda for taking a stance on it.

This fella thought he could do it;

https://youtu.be/jj-9Vu_0TAw

Last edited:
It's bad enough here but it's frightening in the USA where it seems every other driver is busy yaking or visibly texting.
I have a hard time believing it's REALLY that much worse here then it is there or in any 1st world nation.

It's a blatant disregard for others as far as I'm concerned and I applaud Mazda for taking a stance on it.
Well, I'm still going to disagree. Frankly, I'm a little tired of this attitude that "if it has a screen, it must be bad!". It is absolutely no different then using a radio in the dash in 1986. Of course, what was the #1 cause of crashes in 1986? Fiddling with the radio. :D

That was completely unnecessary to post.

That was completely unnecessary to post.

Unfortunately, this is the only way to get through to people who fiddle with the tech in their cars while driving. Like Russian roulette, people may get away with it for a while, but one day...I never answer the phone while moving even using bluetooth. I wait until there is a suitable space to park to reply or wait until I'm in a traffic jam for a while (which in the UK is a common occurrence). There wouldn't be the the offence of "Driving without due care and attention" if the Police thought it was ok or "cool" to not pay attention while driving. Plus there is the crackdown on mobile phone use and texting in cars with increased fines. With autonomous self driving cars, people will be able to fiddle with their tech as much as they please.

Yet Chrysler, Honda, Toyota and Chevy continue to allow this.
Hey, I'm The biggest fan of the Commander knob...but I've also been driving for 30 years and working an indash stereo. I've never been in an accident because of it. Because some people are morons, we should all be penalized? Disagree.

Fully agree with this attitude. I don't like the nanny state, I don't like nannying cars.

Unfortunately, this is the only way to get through to people who fiddle with the tech in their cars while driving. Like Russian roulette, people may get away with it for a while, but one day...I never answer the phone while moving even using bluetooth. I wait until there is a suitable space to park to reply or wait until I'm in a traffic jam for a while (which in the UK is a common occurrence). There wouldn't be the the offence of "Driving without due care and attention" if the Police thought it was ok or "cool" to not pay attention while driving. Plus there is the crackdown on mobile phone use and texting in cars with increased fines. With autonomous self driving cars, people will be able to fiddle with their tech as much as they please.
Yea, but we are all well aware that people die every damn day from texting and driving. That was my only point. We don't need specific examples.

Accidents are caused by all manner of things, speed being high on the list, followed by just poor drivers.

Well here's the thing, nobody ever has a problem fiddling with anything they shouldn't be until the day they get it all wrong and then they're all full of regret about the varying levels of devastation they've caused. My best mate is a fireman and I have to put up with him when he's been out cutting people out of cars and trucks. They all thought they had two brains at the time they started to mess. It's bad enough here but it's frightening in the USA where it seems every other driver is busy yaking or visibly texting.

Back