Mazda model refreshes -timeframes

:
2021 Acura RDX
Hey,

Do you guys think anything will be much different on the 2018 models? How often does Mazda usually refresh their vehicles? I have a 17 GT, so I'm hoping that I'll be able to enjoy the new model refresh for a year or two :)

I suppose there could be minor changes, but typically I'd say that the main refreshes happen every few years.

CX-5 looked pretty much the same '13 - '15 and then had a new front grill design and lighting changes (for instance my brake lights don't look like the ones in 7eregrine's avatar) in '16 and then of course the complete redesign in '17.

Considering '17 was a the complete redesign for the next gen (for better or worse depending on opinion, but I digress), I would venture and say they will probably look the same for a few model years to come.

Last edited:
The general pattern I have seen with Mazda lately is a 4 yr model cycle with a refresh on the 2nd or 3rd year...

Hey,

Do you guys think anything will be much different on the 2018 models? How often does Mazda usually refresh their vehicles? I have a 17 GT, so I'm hoping that I'll be able to enjoy the new model refresh for a year or two :)
For the CX-5, minor refresh occured about 3 years after initial release and an update occured this year.

However there has been a steady stream of mechanical and other improvements from 2013-2016 between facelifts.

However there has been a steady stream of mechanical and other improvements from 2013-2016 between facelifts.
Correct such as making safety pack standard and extra features here and there

There were also small tweaks like the shape of the side mirrors and shifter. Mechanically there are numerous little changes - but that's true even during a model year when TSB's are implemented on the factory floor.

Hey,

My advice is to stay off the forums/internet. Not knowing what new goodies the new models will get, will help you enjoy your car even more/longer. Otherwise, there is no stopping progress. The new models will always have something new that would be nice to have (not necessarily a need) that the current or older models don't have.

My advice is to stay off the forums/internet. Not knowing what new goodies the new models will get, will help you enjoy your car even more/longer. Otherwise, there is no stopping progress. The new models will always have something new that would be nice to have (not necessarily a need) that the current or older models don't have.
And either you end up purchasing every new model or wait for eons for the model future-proofed with everything you want in it.

And either you end up purchasing every new model or wait for eons for the model future-proofed with everything you want in it.
But then, after you find the future-proofed model you've been waiting for, next year's model will have more features that you might want. And so you're back to waiting again LOL.

Anyways, since OP has already purchased their car, a 2017 CX-5, in GT trim mind you (I'm jealous of the new features you got that my 2016 will never have), OP should just enjoy the car for what it is. Don't worry about what future models will bring/add and just enjoy the drive right now.

Back