AC problem post crash

:
mazda5
I rear-ended a car (going about 10-15 mph)(requiring a new front bumper on my car) and got the repair at my insurance company's recommended collision shop to guarantee the work. I didn't use the A/C for five months after the repair but then when I finally did, it didn't work properly. The fan blows at all speeds and the sensor measures the outside temp. However, only mildly cool air is blown in. The temp of the mildly cool air holds constant but once the outside temp reaches the high 70's or 80 degrees it's ineffective at cooling the car at all. I took it back to the collision shop and they said that I must have broken a "seal" since the repair. (But not true-- no other injury to the car has taken place). They gave me a courteous recharge but this did not hold past a few weeks. Now I'm back where I started. My mechanic says the problem was probably caused by the original accident, possibly injury to the condenser, and probably overlooked by the collision shop. Has anyone else had a similar problem post front end damage? Any advice?

They shouldn't have recharged it without finding and fixing the leak. Sounds like they're ducking responsibility. You may need to get your insurance co involved.

Back