Fuel Brands

:
2021 Acura RDX
Which gas stations do you all use for your CX-5? From what I read, any unleaded 87 octane is ok, but sometimes different fuels produce better mpg', etc.

Anyway, just curious what works best with the SkyActiv engine?

I used Costco brand 87 octane ... I drive mostly city
and I live in San Francisco ... ( a lot of hills )

I get on average 23-24 mpg combined ...
I am babying the car tho ...
I am not driving it the same way I drove my WRX ( which gave my 21mpg combined )

I always use a Top Tier station. There's lots of these in my area.

I used Costco brand 87 octane ... I drive mostly city
and I live in San Francisco ... ( a lot of hills )

I get on average 23-24 mpg combined ...
I am babying the car tho ...
I am not driving it the same way I drove my WRX ( which gave my 21mpg combined )

How did you like then WRX? I love those! In fact, it came down to the CX5 and a WRX Limited. I ended up going with the cX-5 obviously because it's more practical and I'm 35 years old. If I was younger, it would have been the WRX

How did you like then WRX? I love those! In fact, it came down to the CX5 and a WRX Limited. I ended up going with the cX-5 obviously because it's more practical and I'm 35 years old. If I was younger, it would have been the WRX

Hi @Jman136,
Do not think that because you are 35, you are old for a WRX. Not at all. Look around and you will see a lot of "old guys"[emoji23], driving sports cars. It is not what your DOB show, but what you feel in your heart!
Now that you have a CX 5, enjoy it, because it is a great car.

Hi @Jman136,
Do not think that because you are 35, you are old for a WRX. Not at all. Look around and you will see a lot of "old guys"[emoji23], driving sports cars. It is not what your DOB show, but what you feel in your heart!
Now that you have a CX 5, enjoy it, because it is a great car.

How did you like it? What year was it? How did it perform in snow? It is definitely a neat
car, but the Mazda suits me better.

Also, did you have any issues with it?

Regarding fuel brands, get the well known names and if it is possible, use the ones with more traffic of customers. That will make the tanks refilled more often, meaning less water in the gas.

get an ECU tune that makes the engine compatible with 91 octane fuel and look for some ethanol free fuel in your area... lots of fun...

I test drove a WRX and had a blast in it. Felt like driving a go-kart around the city. My problem with it is the cheap materials in the interior. Felt like driving a Corolla with AWD and a Turbo. As great as a Turbo+AWD drives, I couldn't justify the price tag with the cheap feeling interior.

I test drove a WRX and had a blast in it. Felt like driving a go-kart around the city. My problem with it is the cheap materials in the interior. Felt like driving a Corolla with AWD and a Turbo. As great as a Turbo+AWD drives, I couldn't justify the price tag with the cheap feeling interior.

If you think a Subaru is fun, you have never driven a RWD 3 series....

You are insane. Either you just don't know how to trail brake and corner properly on-throttle or I'm just missing a piece of key evidence here. Please describe to me how the WRX is more fun then a 335is and describe to me how you would typically corner the 335, if you may.

You are insane. Either you just don't know how to trail brake and corner properly on-throttle or I'm just missing a piece of key evidence here. Please describe to me how the WRX is more fun then a 335is and describe to me how you would typically corner the 335, if you may.

Maybe you should refrain from thin-skinned replies until you've actually owned an AWD for a year, and learned how to drive it under varying conditions.

Maybe you should refrain from thin-skinned replies until you've actually owned an AWD for a year, and learned how to drive it under varying conditions.

Never. I've gotten around just fine last Toronto winter with a set of good snow tires and a rwd BMW. I'll never get AWD.

You think those are fun, try a 350whp 2800lb twin turbo FD.

!!!

I don't understand how calling a RWD BMW more fun then a WRX is being thin skinned?

It isn't..although the later 'F' bimmers..unless they're really set up properly (stiffened suspension, non-AS runcrap tires and preferably with a mechanical LSD)..eh it could be close but I'd take a stick WRX over an auto non-sport RWD 3 or 5 on fun factor all day- I'd also take a 6MT 205hp 86 or BRZ over both of them (combined) for fun.

Last edited:
Back