CX-5 Sales Figures July 2017

:
'18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L In Sonic Silver
Hi all,

After last months blip where the Tuscon was number 1, the CX-5 here in OZ has returned to its rightful place as the number one selling SUV in the country again:

July SUV Figures:

Mazda CX-52305
Toyota RAV41736
Hyundai Tucson1719
Mitsubishi ASX1544
Nissan X-Trail (Rogue)1463
Mazda CX-31420
Nissan Qashqai1239
Toyota Prado1217
Mitsubishi Outlander1143
Subaru XV (Impreza XV)1138
Kia Sportage1045
Toyota Kluger (Highlander)990
Mazda CX-9919
BMW X5394
Land Rover Discovery Sport362
Land Rover Discovery341
Audi Q5325
Audi Q7279
BMW X3276

For the record, CX-5 was 6th best selling vehicle here

Source: July 2017 VFACTS new vehicle sales

Last edited:
WOW! That is +~33% more units sold than the next closest, the Toyota RAV4?

Why are there no Honda's on that list?

Mazda is only really struggling in the North American market it seems. It does well in Asia and Australia. Even in Russia it seems to do well.

It did OK in the USA with a slight year over year increase. Overall for the month Mazda is down. Man, the 6 is a dog in the sales department.

Mazda is only really struggling in the North American market it seems. It does well in Asia and Australia. Even in Russia it seems to do well.

They seem to do alright in Canada (given their relatively niche market anyway).

If we could get all the nice features Mazda offers on CX-5 in Europe and Australia but missing in the US, I believe we can do better!

You Aussies have good taste. Look at what's number 1 and what's not on the list. (2thumbs)

I think the big issue here in the US is there are so many people only looking at Honda and Toyota.....

You Aussies have good taste. Look at what's number 1 and what's not on the list. (2thumbs)

I have posted this many times.
For every 3 Mazda 3 that are sold in Australia - there is 1 car sold from all of the Honda family combined. Imagine that.

Hi all,

After last months blip where the Tuscon was number 1, the CX-5 here in OZ has returned to its rightful place as the number one selling SUV in the country again:

July SUV Figures:

Mazda CX-52305
Toyota RAV41736
Hyundai Tucson1719
Mitsubishi ASX1544
Mazda CX-31420
Nissan Qashqai1239
Toyota Prado1217
Toyota Kluger (Highlander)990
Mazda CX-9919
BMW X5394
Land Rover Discovery Sport362
Land Rover Discovery341
Audi Q5325
Audi Q7279
BMW X3276

For the record, CX-5 was 6th best selling vehicle here

Source: July 2017 VFACTS new vehicle sales

Interesting list. How could be possible not to see any Honda CRV, HRV or Pilot or not even a Subaru Forester?
Is this list from a reputable source?

Interesting list. How could be possible not to see any Honda CRV, HRV or Pilot or not even a Subaru Forester?
It's because the list is for Australia, not the USA. They either have more discerning buyers or they just don't put the brand Honda on a pedestal like people do here in America.

VFACTS comes from Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries. Specific vehicle sales are available via subscription

With the exception of the Pilot which is not sold here, the other vehicles you have listed are just not that popular here at this time.

It's because the list is for Australia, not the USA. They either have more discerning buyers or they just don't put the brand Honda on a pedestal like people do here in America.

To be fair, they used to be a good company. 25+ years ago I'd say they weren't terribly different from Mazda to be honest. They used to make small, engaging, fun to drive cars. Then they started shooting more for automotive 'appliances' and frankly, their visual language went down the toilet.

Meh.

Good for them though I suppose. Keying to the bland 'middle' has made them billions of $$ and sales champs.

There is really strong brand loyalty with Honda here. People will do 0 research or cross shopping and just buy Honda. Same with Toyota.

Back