The land of Mazda: Cleveland

7eregrine

The man, the myth, the legend
:
Land of Cleve
:
2016.5 CX5
Seriously. I cannot believe how many I see around here. I counted 8 on the way home today. My commute is 15 minutes. And the 17 CX-5s are popping up around here (finally) like flowers. 3 of the 8 today...including a pretty black one.
Came out of a store...walking to another store in the plaza I see 3 people checking out my car. Once I get back to my car I notice why...they parked next to me. I didn't see thier car from my angle.

And...I think it's officially official after seeing 2 black sisters side by side: I like the 17 a lot. I do. I wish I had the HUD, the heated rear seats, vents and heated steering wheel. The 17 is a great car...easily the best CUV in its class but...but... Sorry guys. My 16 is just...is just...so much prettier. And I don't think it's even close! I like the rear end much better. From the side the 17 looks...squished a little?... compared to mine. The grill looks better. The headlights look better. I guess I just like my girls with a bit more...curve. 🤣👍😎
dc4157befc4f97935706f6d75b4de091.jpg
02776c78bc1125fd2a0277af11431f68.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
2017 looks sleeker . IMHO previous model looks squished and on stilts abit

Each to their own

2017 looks sleeker . IMHO previous model looks squished and on stilts abit

Each to their own
Cuz they... SQUISHED it. LOL. I don't see how you get squished from the 16. My wife even used the word. 'squish' lol It's taller which is clear as day in person.
Don't get me wrong, friends...I wouldn't kick the 17 out of bed for eating crackers (to quote an old friend)... But mine is prettier, IMO. I like pretty, you can have sleek. 😉

Back to my first point: Mazdaland. 40 people in my company. 7.5% of us drive Mazda. 7.5% drive Mercedes. No other company is represented with multiple models.
"Hey, Sherry, when you get back from lunch, park by Steve and I, please?"
"Such a nerd" she said...
df5833157ed81866a750644b7c35f150.jpg

Look side on and you will see squished. Also your rear view shows yours to be taller yes but the 17 looks wider :D

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

Look side on and you will see squished. Also your rear view shows yours to be taller yes but the 17 looks wider :D

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"
Of course, re: beauty. This is a perfect example of how different we all are...and it's pretty cool. I see your point now. When I say Squish I am thinking like a giant stepped on it. Squish down. So it would get shorter and wider. Your mind is thinking squished like in a vice, from the sides. #Perspectives 😁

Last edited:
There are elements I like better about the 16, as well as others better on the 17.

I am DEFINITELY seeing more 17s on the road lately. Several this week.

Yes the back of the 17 definitely looks squished in comparison to the 16. Just looks off. Give me 17 interior with 16 styling. Perfection!

Agreed 7, the pre-2017's look much more distinctive. The 2017? Eh...kinda blends with the herd IMO.

That said...I prefer the honeycomb grill :D

Edit: Also..."Swoop"! Your 2017 doesn't have that! :p

Last edited:
I actually now see more 17 CX-5's than any other Mazda and it is not even close.

I think the 17 looks more like it was designed in Europe, the 16's in Japan. Take from that what you will lol

Went to get coffee and bagels this morning. Pulled into bagel shop, parked next to an OG Graphite CX-5 GT. Went in. Came back out. Grey one is gone and there's a white Touring OG CX-5 parked a spot away. So the white dude saw 2 CX-5s when he arrived. I pull up to the edge of the lot to turn into the street, a white OG GT passes in front of me.

#MazdaLand #CX5Ville

Last edited:
Back