Any experiencing any major 2014 CX-5 Maintenance Issues?

huhax

:
CX-5 Touring
Hello all, I am in the process of buying a 2014 CX-5 and am trying to determine if I need to purchase and extended warranty package. Has anyone had any major issues with their 2014 touring model post warranty?

Thanks,
EJ

Spend some time through the Engine/Transmission section of this forum, should give you an idea of what you're looking for. If you're buying from a dealer and it's a Certified pre-owned, it should already come with an extended power train warranty.

Last edited:
Hello all, I am in the process of buying a 2014 CX-5 and am trying to determine if I need to purchase and extended warranty package. Has anyone had any major issues with their 2014 touring model post warranty?

Thanks,
EJ

Problem with most warranties is the fine print. You literally have to prove a ton of things and pay deductibles on top. If its Mazda warranty then things might run smoother.
As far as reliability - these would be my first concern:
1. Transmission. A few 15s / 16s have been replaced. It seems to be that some batches are affected.
2. Infotainment system : Assume you wont get AA or Carplay - or even if it comes it might be for 2018 or later years. If AA doesnt matter ignore.
3. By law they cant sell you anything that has an outstanding TSB / Recall. Ensure this by running the VIN on mazda website.
4. Noise insulation will suck - only option is after market here.

Other than that - this should be a reliable vehicle. You have not provided much details except its a Touring - so less tech that can go bad.
Let us know the real world $ that you paid and miles / packages on it.

luck luck.

⋯ 3. By law they cant sell you anything that has an outstanding TSB / Recall. Ensure this by running the VIN on mazda website.
This's only applicable to recalls, not the TSBs. If the vehicle is out of warranty, TSBs won't worth anything to the owners other than helping technicians to fix your problem with a fee.

And yes the most big item concern to me is the SkyActiv-Drive automatic transmission for 2014 CX-5 based on the TSB we've seen.

50,000 miles on my 2014. I haven't had to do squat to it past regular maintenance.

Edit: And agree with Kaps, would it be a Mazda warranty or 3rd party?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back