[2016 Probably 2017] Turn engine off only

7eregrine

The man, the myth, the legend
:
Land of Cleve
:
2016.5 CX5
I assume this is the same in the OG and NG CX-5. When I get to my destination sometimes I want to hear another minute or 2 of my podcast or whatever song I am listening to. I just got finished looking through the manual again, and can't find it.
Can you just shut the engine off but not the 'system'? How do you switch to what's normally called the ACC position? I don't want to shut the car off, and then start the ACC position. That's totally pointless.

Looks like you can't judging by what it says here in the manual:

Capture.jpg

I assume this is the same in the OG and NG CX-5. When I get to my destination sometimes I want to hear another minute or 2 of my podcast or whatever song I am listening to. I just got finished looking through the manual again, and can't find it.
Can you just shut the engine off but not the 'system'? How do you switch to what's normally called the ACC position? I don't want to shut the car off, and then start the ACC position. That's totally pointless.

This question has been asked a few times before.
IIRC you just leave the car in drive or neutral and push the start-stop button.

Just don't forget to set the parking brake before releasing the foot brake!

with the manual transmission the only way to do is to stall the car.

So leave the car in drive and press start-stop button. I get doing this in neutral but in drive(scratch)

In neutral...

bump to neutral, start/stop button, shift to park and apply parking brake. Car should remain in ACC

Retained accessory power is a missing feature. Not a deal breaker, but would certainly be nice to have.

Come to think of it I think my RDX is the same. I have to put it in neutral to keep ACC on when shutting down car.

On the shifter I hold that button while I turn off the car the radio will still be on. I'll just have to cycle through to turn off car after.

Cycle through what, lowin?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Another way is you shift the gear to Park, push the Start/Stop button to shut off the engine while pressing the shift-release button on the gear shift handle at the same time. This will get you to ACC mode as well.

Both methods apply to 2016 and 2017 CX-5's.

To clarify what the others are saying, when you pull into a spot with your foot still on the brake press the start/stop button to shut the engine off, then shift into park immediately after. The car will be in accessory mode and also in park now so it won't roll away. Once you're ready to get out, you'll just have to tap the start/stop button again to turn off the accessory mode.

Am I the only on that's never really understood the 'advantage' of the push start button?

A fricking key in the ignition has worked fine for decades and seems to give you more options/freedom....

Am I the only on that's never really understood the 'advantage' of the push start button?

A fricking key in the ignition has worked fine for decades and seems to give you more options/freedom....

Yes.

I don't ever want to go back to a key. What's so convenient about that? Being able to let your car run when you exit it? I don't ever need to do that. Nor would I want to. Someone can just break your window and steal your car. I don't live in the suburbs. LOL

To clarify what the others are saying, when you pull into a spot with your foot still on the brake press the start/stop button to shut the engine off, then shift into park immediately after. The car will be in accessory mode and also in park now so it won't roll away. Once you're ready to get out, you'll just have to tap the start/stop button again to turn off the accessory mode.

Excellent. Thanks for clarifying :D

Confirmed, simplest way. Stop, move shifter to park. Keep button on shifter depressed, press Start button. ACC mode.

Some of us don't have buttons on our shifter ;)

I think that other method will work though. Will give it a try.

Confirmed, simplest way. Stop, move shifter to park. Keep button on shifter depressed, press Start button. ACC mode.
The drawback of this is you have to use your left hand to press the Start/Stop button. ;)

Back