Driving my '17 CX-5 around today

:
2020 CX-5 Premium
Combo of city/highway miles. 22.5mpg. So quiet unless you floor it, then you hear the 2.5 roar. Plenty of pick-up in almost every range. Great city car, but will still quickly get up to speed on a freeway onramp. Just gorgeous inside with the stitching and aluminum. Great steering with immediate response in corners. Smooth ride, even over uneven pavement, with this great chassis. This car is everything an SUV should be.

Combo of city/highway miles. 22.5mpg. So quiet unless you floor it, then you hear the 2.5 roar. Plenty of pick-up in almost every range. Great city car, but will still quickly get up to speed on a freeway onramp. Just gorgeous inside with the stitching and aluminum. Great steering with immediate response in corners. Smooth ride, even over uneven pavement, with this great chassis. This car is everything an SUV should be.
Great feedback [emoji3] [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Are you guys hearing wind noise at 120kph (75mph)?
I didn't have the 2016 so I couldn't compare if it improved or not.

It's improved. Was immediately noticeable after test driving back to back. It's by far the quietest car we've ever owned. Quite impressed.

It's improved. Was immediately noticeable after test driving back to back. It's by far the quietest car we've ever owned. Quite impressed.

Few vehicles will have little wind noise at 100 mph plus...

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

If you hear any window noise, would probably be from the mirrors but even these were redesigned to reduce noise

Last edited:
Just got one too - and just love it. Traded a '15 Mazda3 GT for it - both soul red. But the new color is just mind-boggling. (yippy)

I used to drive a Jeep.

My 2014 CX-5 is loud for sure, but nothing will be as loud as that Jeep, so I'm good. Glad to hear how quiet the 2017 is though! :)

Just got one too - and just love it. Traded a '15 Mazda3 GT for it - both soul red. But the new color is just mind-boggling. (yippy)

Congrats, and welcome to the club! (drinks)

Few vehicles will have little wind noise at 100 mph plus...

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

I wish we could test that here, but if we were to drive that fast where I am my car gets taken away and license suspended, then of course there's how your insurance would respond to your street racing / stunt driving ticket.

Our limits are 100kph for the most part, +/- 10kph depending on where you are, which is why akaeleven was asking about 120 kph. In city areas where everyone is rush, rush traffic is often moving at 120 kph on 100kph highways unless it's stop and go time.

I'm glad you're liking the new ride OP. You sound about as happy with it as we are with ours :)

I wish we could test that here, but if we were to drive that fast where I am my car gets taken away and license suspended, then of course there's how your insurance would respond to your street racing / stunt driving ticket.

Our limits are 100kph for the most part, +/- 10kph depending on where you are, which is why akaeleven was asking about 120 kph. In city areas where everyone is rush, rush traffic is often moving at 120 kph on 100kph highways unless it's stop and go time.

I'm glad you're liking the new ride OP. You sound about as happy with it as we are with ours :)

For those areas that are 110km/h, you shouldn't notice any increase in noise coming through the cabin

Last edited:
Back